10.28.2007

My weekend

Friday was the funeral for Michael's Grandmother. It was so very sad, but we know that she in living happy and healthy with her husband Bob. The service was nice with a lot of family and friends there remembering Shirley.

That night we headed over to my sister in laws for some family time and band practice. I know that Michael had a very long and emotional day, so it was nice for him to just play some music!! The kiddos vegged out with a movie while Lisa and I chatted. I knew it was time to go when Lisa and I were falling asleep in the living room while the kids were dancing around us:)

Saturday we took Wesley to bowling and then met my brothers and their ladies for lunch at Apple.bees. The kids managed to behave through most of it and the meal was yummy. It was good to see everyone even if Jillian did forget the wedding album!! Shame on her:) After lunch we took Wesley back to the climbing gym in Manchester. It was a yucky rainy day and he had A LOT of energy to get out!!

Our Sunday was spent working around the house. We were rudely awakened by our smoke alarms going off at 3:30 am. There was no fire so Michael just disconnected them until the morning. Luckily the kids managed to stay asleep through the noise. We reconnected them all in the AM and still have no idea what made them all go off. They are AC powered so when one is faulty it causes them all to go off. We are going to just replace them since they are at least 12 years old and hope for the best.

We also cleaned out our basement which was a yucky, damp, moldy mess. It is just a crawl space and we only use it for long term storage. In April we got a little water down there during last years floods and it caused a lot of mold damage to our "junk" down there. We just got around to cleaning it out today. Luckily all the stuff that was ruined literally was "junk"!! We managed to save old yearbooks, photos, my teacher stuff, etc! Once we made a big pile for the dump we headed to town for a dehumidifier. It's running now and we hope it keeps the moisture level way down so we can start storing things down there again.

Yeah, so that's my exciting weekend! Not even any pictures:( Hope you all had a great weekend!!

5 people showing me love:

Andrea October 28, 2007 10:13 PM  

Sounds like you guys had a full weekend! That's weird that your fire alarms went of at 3:30am!! I would freak out if that happened here...but luckily had no fire!! :)

Anonymous October 28, 2007 10:33 PM  

The alarms at my mom and dad's house are always doing that. Maybe it does have something to do with the alarms being old.
Hey good job linking to old posts. :P I never remember when I wrote what!

Glad that nothing important got water damage. Sounds like a big mess all the same, yuck!

Shanilie October 29, 2007 8:28 AM  

Sounds like a very bitter sweet weekend. I am glad the funeral went as good as can be expected. Funerals are not fun at ALL, I was thinking of you all.

I LOVE applebees! That is mine and Ryan's favorite place to go on our dates.

As for cleaning your basement Wow what a job but good to get organized.

SJINCO October 29, 2007 6:43 PM  

Sorry again about Michael's grandmother, may she reas in peace.

I hate fire alarms that go off for no reason, and mold! I hate mold too...

Glad you got the crawlspace cleaned up and that you didn't lose anything that wasn't junk!

Amy W October 30, 2007 1:24 PM  

Good grief, what a weekend...

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP