1.03.2008

18 months? Already? WOAH!!

So, my little Lani is still a peanut and I think that the doctors are starting to get as concerned as Michael and I!! They know how picky she is and they know about her allergies. Both of these cause her to eat very little and what she does eat is not very nutritious. My doctor gave me a list of "Healthy Snack" ideas, which is fine and dandy, BUT she WONT eat anything on the list. Believe me, I have tried! I am not an idiot!! I know what is healthy for Lani and I know all the tricks to get her to eat them. Yeah....not working on my little Miss Smarty Pants!! We have to go back in 6 weeks for a weight check since she has been sick and then we are going to go from there.

Her stats:

Weight: 19 pounds (5%)
Height: 32 inches (75%)

That being said, it is so hard to believe that my little baby is now 18 months old. This seems like a milestone to me because she is doing sooooo much. We just laugh and laugh at all her antics. Sometimes I have to hold back tears at her sweetness. I didn't realize how hard it would be to watch Lani grow up with the knowledge that she is my last baby. Lani talks A LOT and has just started using complete sentences. My favorite that she uses a lot is "no no no no Wee Wee (Wesley)" LOL!! She uses this when ever we are yelling at Wesley or when ever he is crying. It cracks us all up and usually diffuses the situation. She still labels animals according to the sounds they make and says all her favorite characters names (Ba.rney, Dowa, and Emmo). Lani has special names for our family and closest friends. Aunt Lisa and Leah are "Ella", Jenna is "Nenna", Josh is "cunk" (Uncle), Grammy and Grampy are both "wampa", Leroy the dog is "yeroy" and Dave is "Day". I love that Lani is building relationships with our family because for soooo long she wanted nothing to do with any of them. Lani also started counting. It goes a little like this "3,1,3,1,3,1,tttthhhhrrreeee". That last 3 is yelled with a lot of emotion:) Pretty funny!

Lani loves so many things! Such as anything to do with the characters mentioned above, but she also loves pretending with her babies and her new dollhouse. Lani loves to play "happy/sad", sing, dance, color (on herself or paper), dress up, all dogs (even big scary ones) and annoy "Wee Wee"!! Didn't think this would start so early.
Lani is sleeping well at night and still takes one nap a day. The length varies, but I enjoy what little break I get each day. She takes her baby and cup of water to bed even though she never drinks from her cup:) Lani likes routine and one time when she was coughing we let her have the cup. She has insisted on it ever since. I really don't mind since it is water and I don't have to worry about rotting teeth like I would with juice or milk.

We are beginning the process of potty training now that Lani is telling us when she poops or pees. We have a potty that she likes to sit on, but she must keep her diaper on. It's still early, so I am fine with that! My MIL bought her some "Dowa" undies for Christmas that I will get out soon just to out on over her diaper. We will be taking baby steps:) As you can see Lani is perfect, sweet, wonderful according to this post!! LOL!! Don't let this fool you because the girl had quite the temper. If Wesley gets in her face Lani will smack him. She stomps one foot in anger if we don't do what she wants. Michael and I can't even touch without her having a fit. Her whine is intolerable at times and sounds like nails on a chalkboard. She does not like sharing her toys and will pulls Alex's hair if he tries to touch them. It's been a great way to teach her how to interact with other children. I use the words "be nice" and "nice hands" a lot during my day:) That being said the good certainly out weighs the booger in her. I LOVE that she has a little spark in her personality. Keeps us on our toes, makes us laugh, makes us cry, and most of all makes us love like crazy!!!

15 people showing me love:

Candi January 03, 2008 9:35 AM  

Adorable kiddos you have!

I have a son that just 5 and he is only 32 pounds. The doctors have said over and over that it is fine because he has grown consistently, just a very slow rate. His weight is not even on the chart for his age! I can only hope they know what they are talking about. Thing is the option would be to put him on growth hormone pills and that could cause obesity later in life. So I am happy with them saying that he is fine for now. Just thought I would share!

(found you through Blog365)

Donna January 03, 2008 10:27 AM  

Awe!! Your baby is getting so old (can't say big!) She is just a peanut=)

Have you tried smoothies, I know she can't have real dairy, but I am sure there is soy yogurt, or you can just flavor soy milk with fruit and through a small amt of veggies in...I use carrots, sweet potatoes, and cucumbers, because their taste isn't strong.

I have one who would do anything to get out of eating healthy stuff and one who asks for veggies=)Kids!

Anonymous January 03, 2008 12:47 PM  

Oh I just want to eat her up!!! (in a good way of course!) Happy 18th Lani....you are precious!

Andrea January 03, 2008 1:57 PM  

Awww...what cute pictures! And i finally found a baby that is about the same age as Tate but weighs less than him! hehe...usually all the 6-8 month old babies are WAY heavier than my 17 month old boy!! So, we have a little peanut too...but he's just over 20 pounds, so he's a bit bigger than Lani - but then again - he does eat HUGE amounts of everything...although he seems to use those calories really well or something since he still doesn't gain a lot of weight. Good luck with getting Lani to eat more stuff though...that smoothie idea sounds good that Donna had! Well, happy 18 months Lani...wish you lived closer so you and Tate could play dolls together...haha!! :)

Wendy January 03, 2008 3:07 PM  

What a sweet post about an even sweeter girl!

Chastity January 03, 2008 4:17 PM  

She is so very cute! That smoothie idea sounds like a good one! Good luck with the weight gain!! This'll probably be the only time in a girls life that she wants to GAIN weight.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ January 03, 2008 4:35 PM  

Love that last photo! One to frame and hang on the wall for sure! she is tiny but when I see her in person she looks healthy...you are doing all you can to suit her needs did you ever go to the Homeopathic? Did they suggest anything...if not...I recommend a Dr at DHMC....he has truly helped Tori with her weight issues she struggled with her entire life...let me know~

SJINCO January 04, 2008 12:39 AM  

So, so, adorable that little peanut! She's a cutie. Sounds like she's turning into quite the little girl....

Sara January 04, 2008 4:19 AM  

She is SO cute!! I wouldn't worry too much about her weight and height. As long as she's healthy, you can tell by her color and how much she sleeps and does eat things that she likes or can have. Both of our girls were peanuts and still are, although they wish they were taller. One is only 5'1 and the other is 5'2. :)

I cannot have anything dairy, because of the lactose, but, I have been eating some great yogurt that's all soy. Maybe she can try that? Some kids like it and some don't. I don't know all her limitations or I would have more input for you!

*hugs* She's so big all 18 months of her!

Keely Van Brocklin Emery January 04, 2008 11:19 AM  

She is a doll! They grow so fast! I loved reading this. It gives me an idea of what to expect with Zoe. :)

AM January 04, 2008 11:29 AM  

I love reading this update and knowning the temper is normal. :) Emma's big thing is screaming in the car for no reason. GAH.

Becca January 04, 2008 2:35 PM  

Ava is a little squirt, she probably only weighs about 22 or 23pounds now and she will be two in about 2 months! She doesn't have allergies, but she sounds as picky as Lani. There are very few foods that she eats, and then she will eat one for a while and then won't eat it again so we have to find something else. And unlike most kids, my child HATES cheese. Sometimes I wonder if she really is my child! :-) But Lani is cuter than ever and it sounds like she is doing perfect.

FlipFlop Mom January 05, 2008 9:06 AM  

awwwwwwwwww can I have her???? LOL LOL LOL.. they grow so fast.. and she is soooooooooooo darling!!!! I have your pics right here by my computer!!! They are both so cute.. and they DO grow up so fast... sighhhhhhh... You're looking to potty train... I'm looking at colleges.... WAH!!!

Deb January 05, 2008 11:04 PM  

Wow! Becca was 26 pounds at 18 months... Your little peanut sounds perfect - and so adorable too, those pictures are wonderful. :)

Mason and Terri's Mom January 09, 2008 4:47 PM  

DUDE! I forgot to post the Lani video! GRRR I'll get right on it!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP