12.18.2010

Cookie Exchange

Last night I hosted my very first cookie exchange! We had 7 people including me and I had sooo much fun:} Most guests stayed until 11pm so I assume they had a great time also!!!!! I didn't take any pics, but that's ok. Sometimes I just want to enjoy myself and not always be worried about taking pics. 

Here's what we did though. I made a Chicken Shepherds Pie and had a few other goodies. Each person brought a dozen cookies for each of the other guests. The only rule was that the cookie was homemade. I bought cute containers from Walmart for everybody. {They can be used again for next year} My house is kind of small so there isn't a ton of room for everyone to move around collecting cookies. So, we just passed them around the table and everyone took a dozen. We also made an extra dozen for my child care family who has a baby up at Dartmouth. I know they don't have much time for baking so I wanted to get them some cookies:} 

The cookies look so delish. We had oatmeal raisin, sugar cookies{made by me}, spritz cookies, chocolate marshmallow pillows{gluten free}, cranberry oatmeal cookies, and molasses cookies. I know that we will eat some here, but most will be given away as gifts. What a great way to have a variety of cookies without having to bake a ton!!! 

My favorite part was just sitting around and chatting with all my greatest friends!!! There were a few who couldn't make it this year, but I kind of planned this last minute. Hopefully next year everyone can make it. 

2 people showing me love:

Donna December 18, 2010 6:05 PM  

I so want to do this!! I was going to go to one, but I was sick=(

Sounds like you had a great time!!

Mama Skates December 20, 2010 1:27 PM  

i want to do this...sounds like a great time!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP