11.22.2010

Photography

 I've come to realize that my photography business isn't growing as quickly as I imagined. I suppose that's normal for a person who has this HUGE dream of success doing something they love. I really thought my friends and family would be more supportive and knocking down my door to have me take their photos. Guess who was wrong? LOL!! The only person in my family who has EVER made a comment about my photos is Michael's Dad. He was super sweet and told me I should place a photo I took of Lani in the local county fair. I really almost cried since he was soooo very sincere. Even Michael isn't all that supportive. I mean he's happy when I find new clients, but he doesn't do much to spread the word about me. Maybe I'm expecting too much from people?!? What do you think? I know that if any of my friends pursue their dream I do ALL I can to support them. 

I still love photography and really that's what it comes down to. I took photos of the Moms of Multiples families again along with a few other new clients. They all were pleased with their photos and I felt sooo much more confident this year. 

If you are not a friend of mine on Facebook then you can head over to my photography website, Wendy Demers Photography, to check out some of the sessions. 

1 people showing me love:

SJINCO November 23, 2010 9:30 AM  

Wendy! You know how much I love photography myself, and how much I want to start my own business; I have to say that I agree 100% with you. My husband isn't supportive at all, and my friends; while they say they want me to photograph them, they never follow through. Basically? I could have written this post.

Don't be discouraged, keep plugging away - you'll make it big one day, your photos are proof :)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP