9.06.2010

Millenium Park {Chicago, IL}

After we were done at Lego Land Michael took us back into downtown Chicago. I was sooo excited to visit Millennium Park. Our first stop was to admire the Jay Pritzker Pavilion. The pavilion was beautiful and the area around it was amazing. An orchestra was setting up while people filled the seats and spread blankets out on the grass. The arts is one thing I LOVE about the city and I miss that so much in my small country town. 
Millenium Park

Later we wandered over to the extremely popular and well known Cloud Gate Sculpture. Sometimes known as "The Bean". We had a blast taking some silly photos! My favorites were the reflection of the city that I took. One in day and then the same buildings at night.
Cloud Gate Sculpture {day}

Cloud Gate Sculpture {night}

Next was Crown Fountain. The kids splashed around in the water for a little bit. I wish I had thought to pack their swimsuits. 

Crown Fountain

Crown Fountain

We wandered up and down Michigan Avenue for a while but soon our bellies were calling out for some real Chicago style pizza. Michael asked a security guy which place was the best. He sent us to Giordanos Pizza and I'm so glad he did. It was the most delicious pizza I have EVER had. 

Deep Dish Chicago Pizza

After stuffing ourselves with Pizza {literally} we headed over to see Buckingham Fountain. It was a pretty long walk through the dark city so we practically ran, lol. Us country folks were a wee bit nervous in the big old city. It was worth it though. The fountain was all lit up and so beautiful. Wishing I had brought my tri-pod! 

Buckingham Fountain

The city at night!! I think I took about 50 of these. 

Chicago Sky Line

0 people showing me love:

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP