7.02.2009

Brown Belt time

My hubby is now an official Brown Belt! He'll be a brown belt for a few years I think. They have different degrees. Wesley "woke up" the belt and presented it to him in a small ceremony. I used my external flash on these photos and am pretty happy with how they came out. Maybe a bit too bright, but they are much better then the ones I use with my built in flash. Hope I didn't blind the sensei ;)

Before I post the photos I just have to talk a little about this school. It's AWESOME! We live in a very small town so to find this gem only a few minutes down the road was such a blessing. Sandi and Dave not only are the boys karate instructors, but they also have become wonderful friends. When times were tough financially while I was "laid off" and pregnant with Lani they helped us out by creating a "payment plan" and even conveniently forgot to cash a check. One of the many perks of a small school! They are in it for the families and relationships, not just the money.

"Waking Up" the belt



Wesley presenting Michael his brown belt

4 people showing me love:

Monica July 02, 2009 1:25 PM  

Wendy, I don't think the pictures are too bright...I think they're great! What kind of an external flash did you get? I'm looking to buy one, but there are many to choose from.

SJINCO July 02, 2009 1:59 PM  

Awesome! It's so cool that Michael and Wesley do this together, what a bonding experience for them!

And your photos are fine, quite being so hard on yourself!

connie July 02, 2009 11:43 PM  

Aww, that's awesome that they get to experience that together! Congrats to Michael!! And, your pics look perfect to me~great job!

Jessica July 13, 2009 7:39 AM  

That's so neat that the boys can share this experience together! I love how you've captured these moments! :)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP