5.27.2009

York Beach, Maine

We had a great time at the beach on Sunday! When we first got there it was FREEZING! I was under 2 blankets to keep warm, lol. It started to sprinkle a little so I had to get up and run to the car for the beach umbrella. That warmed me up:) After a little while the blue skies started peeking through the clouds and it instantly warmed up. Wesley had a blast in the water! He made some friends and was out in the waves jumping over them. I can't believe how long he can stay out in the freezing cold water.

Wesley frolicking!!

Dave and Amanda

Lani was pretty excited when the tide went out. We let the pools warm up in the sun and then she had a blast splashing in them. The boys went searching for starfish out on the rocks. Michael found a few and brought them over to show Lani. Don't worry, we put them all back! Unlike the lady who was collecting the starfish to dry them out on her cooler:( FOOL!

a few we collected to show Lani

Lani playing in a tide pool

tide going out

We went to the beach with our neighbors and best friends, Jen and Dave. Their daughters and son also came along. I just love all of them:) Dave is so fun and loves to be one of the kids! Brooke and Amanda (teenagers) spent a lot of time with Lani. She loves those girls:) Especially after they dressed her like a princess, painted her nail, put on makeup, and covered her in glitter on Saturday night, lol! I need to get those pics from Brooke's camera! Of course I also mentioned how much work toddlers can be, lol. It's not all fun ;)

Lani playing ball with DaveFrom Brookeby Mommy and Lani

7 people showing me love:

Mama Skates May 27, 2009 9:47 AM  

how lucky u r 2 b so close 2 the beach like that - & one with cool treasures like starfish! my kiddos would love that!

Mrs. Stam May 27, 2009 10:02 AM  

looks like so much fun

Jennifer Suarez May 27, 2009 10:44 AM  

Seeing the seaweed on the rocks brought back a ton of memories of the beach when I was a kid.

Great photos! Glad it was fun (even though it was chilly!)

Candi May 27, 2009 11:23 AM  

Gorgeous photos! Look at those houses right there by the beach... I wanna live there!

Monica May 27, 2009 1:10 PM  

looks like you had an awesome time with friends & family :)

Michelle May 28, 2009 5:29 PM  

You are brave for attempting the water...I think it is too cold mid-July!!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum June 03, 2009 3:52 PM  

I love York Beach.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP