3.06.2009

Taco Soup

I posted this over on my weight loss blog but I wanted to post it here as well. This taco soup is just too yummy and easy to not share with you all! I have been on weight watchers and this soup is VERY weight watcher friendly. One cup is only 4 points! All you need is one cup since it's sooooo filling.

-2 cups Harvest Burger Crumbles, 1lb beef, or 1lb turkey
-1 pkg taco seasoning mix....less for less spice!
-2 cups water
-1 large onion-chopped
-1 can hominy
-1 can corn
-1 16oz can vegetarian baked beans
-1 can pinto beans
-1 can kidney beans
-1 can stewed tomatoes
-1 can of diced tomatoes w/ chilis
-1 pkg ranch salad dressing powder (I don't add this)

I just toss all of this into the crockpot. If you have all day then put on low, but for shorter times put it on high. Sometimes I add other vegetable if I have some in the refrigerator that need to be used up. This morning I added some green beans...yum!

2 people showing me love:

Amy the SaltyMomma March 06, 2009 12:21 PM  

Sounds good.. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

Amy ~ The SaltyMomma

Amy the SaltyMomma March 08, 2009 10:03 PM  

Do you drain any of the cans before adding them in, or rinse the beans? I think I might make this next weekend. THX!

Amy ~ The SaltyMomma

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP