3.13.2009

Current by Discover Card

As a teenager I never was taught about being financially responsible. I worked, got a paycheck, and spent it. My parents never encouraged me to save my money which resulted in my need for instant gratification. In college I opened up a credit card that only had a $200 limit and I maxed that out in a month. I honestly had no idea about credit, how it could be hurt by this spending, and although I always paid my bill on time I am sure I spent a lot more money on fees.

Because of this I am already instilling the importance of money management to Wesley. He's almost 9 years old and had a better understanding of money then I did at 18. How sad is that?

Now for teenagers Discover card has created the Current Debit Card for teens. How fabulous is this? Parents are able to add funds from another credit card or bank account, keep track of their teens spending habits, and they will have $0 liability if the card is lost or stolen.

The only negative is that Discover is charging $5 a month for this service or a $50 annual fee. This is something you would have to look into before deciding to get one of these cards for your teen.

Thank you to Mom Central for this review opportunity

0 people showing me love:

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP