2.12.2009

my growing boy

So, this post is totally random, but it's all about Wesley!

My boy is growing up! I had no idea what a toll that was going to take on him. I really didn't!

His sleeping pattern is messed up, he is short tempered, hungry all.the.time, and super emotional. On the other hand he is smart, sweet, loving, caring, thoughtful, and hilarious! I can't get enough of how loving he is towards Lani.

Wesley loves Star Wars! Is completely obsessed with it actually. Legos are next on his list of favorite things to do. Then of course there are video games! Can't forget to mention those:) He has been begging us to take him skiing. We hope one of the next few Sundays he will get a lesson over at Gunstock. Neither Michael or I ski so we will leave it to the professionals. Baseball starts in a few weeks as well! I love baseball season! It's a sure sign that Spring really is right around the corner.


Homework is one of the biggest challenges along with sleeping. Three out of 4 homework nights go smoothly. The night when he has spelling sentences is a totally different story. It usually ends in tears. Wesley reads at a 5th grade level and his teacher takes his spelling words directly out of the books he is reading for group. The words are crazy hard. He can read them, tell me what they mean, and spell them. But, when it comes to writing a sentence...nope! It's just not there sometimes. We'll continue to dread Thursday nights, but work through them. It sure does test my patience:)

5 people showing me love:

Shanilie February 13, 2009 6:28 AM  

Aww sweet. I can imagine home work time has its challenges. I have to say though that he looks a lot older than his age.

Donna February 13, 2009 8:49 AM  

I see so much Lani in his face here!

I didn't realize how hard age 8 would be either, I guess we will keep saying that every year...

Anonymous February 13, 2009 11:01 AM  

Aww, what a sweet post about Wesley! I can totally relate w/your situation (& I have 2 boys!). Things will get better for him, he'll eventually "get it" all soon & it will come to him 2cd nature.

Justin just turned 13 on 12/7/08 & oh my, the drama, lol! I wish I could say things get better w/the emotions but they don't~at least not for Justin. But, Justin, like you say about Wesley, also has this loving, tender side of him that I just adore. I just take it all as it comes & when his emotions get "out of whack", I just realize it's all part of growing up & that one day I'll miss ALL of it :)

Good luck. Just take it one day @ a time :)

SJINCO February 14, 2009 12:06 PM  

It's amazing how fast they grow up .... I gather that in a few years I'll be writing a very similar post about MY boys growing up.

Hang in there, it'll get better. He sounds like such a sweet young man!

Chaos is my Life February 19, 2009 10:50 AM  

Wait till he turns 15?! ;o) They do grow way too fast....and they get through the tough times too....and they pull us through too!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP