2.28.2009

Irreplaceable by Stephen Lovely

Are you an organ donor? I am. I recently read the book Irreplaceable by Stephen Lovely which is about this subject. Not the medical part of organ donation, but the emotional side that both the donor and the recipient deal with. I cried a lot while reading this book. It was an emotional ride from cover to cover. It caused me to think a lot about what my choice of being an organ donor would do to my family and those I left behind. After reading this book I realized it's not as simple and straight forward as you might think.

A young man is receiving letters from the woman who now has his deceased fiances heart. This sort of contact is frowned upon because of the emotional turmoil it can cause. Irreplaceable will take you deep into the heart and life of every emotion he is forced to deal with.

Would you like to win a copy of this book? I am giving away the copy that I received to review to one lucky reader. Please leave a comment by March 13th and if you like please let me know if you are an organ donor. (This is not a requirement) Since I am having internet connection issues at home I will announce the winner as soon as I can after that date!

5 people showing me love:

BS March 01, 2009 7:34 PM  

I would love to have this book and YES I am an organ donor (but honestly have had 2nd thoughts about how my family would react). I could save lives because my soul would still be alive but my "earthly" body would not be. And honestly, I don't think I have ever discussed it with my family ... which is something I probably should do.

Anonymous March 02, 2009 9:07 AM  

I would love to read this book. I was a "live" donor about 2 years ago. I donated peripheral stem cells to a 21 year old with leukemia. It was a pretty involved process, both physically and emotionally. Unfortunately, she passed away just before the 1 year mark of when we could meet.

Donna March 02, 2009 6:20 PM  

Sounds interesting and I'm gonna need something to read after I am done with this twilight series (LOVING IT)

I am not an organ donor at this time, wanted to look into it after hearing horror stories...I used to be though

Shanna Grimes March 05, 2009 12:24 AM  

I'm a donor. I'm one of those people who doesn't like to waste, so I figured if someone else could use it, why not? I plan to be cremated anyway, so I will fit nicely in to a svelte shaped urn if there's less of me ;) It would be an honor to give someone a chance at a better, longer life.

Sounds like a neat book! Wish I had more time to read.

Emma in Canada March 10, 2009 2:23 PM  

I would love to read this book! And yes, I'm a donor.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP