3.01.2009

Update and lots of photos:)

Our home internet has been off and on all weekend so I am just now catching up on things:) I have it right now so I am tossing out this post. Man, I didn't realize how dependent I was on the WWW! Not just for the fun stuff, but also for recipes, searches, directions, etc! So, this post will be long and full of photos since I want to update what we did over our February vacation as well.

We were hooked up with Dish Network on Tuesday. So far it's been awesome and I am in LOVE with DVR! It's already full of movies and cartoons for Lani when nothing else is on. We have HBO and Showtime free for 3 months so we have been watching lots of movies. I will be sad to see them go, but I don't want to pay extra for those. We do have Cinemax for the year as long as we pay our bill using a credit card. There is a big snow storm coming tonight so I am curious to see what happens to our reception.

I also used some of my Amazon gift certificates to get a new lens for my camera. It's nothing fancy, but I love the crisp detail I am getting from it. I love photography, but we just can't afford all those fancy lenses. This one certainly has renewed my hope to do something a little more professional. Here are some shots I took of Oliver then edited in CS3. The first is my original. I used Pioneer Woman's "boost" action, but that's it! The second is obviously edited using her "seventies" action.

Ollie

Oliver edited

On Wednesday our pink toilet was replaced. Any of my friends who have been to my house and those who are long time readers know all about the pink in my house. We've been slowly replacing it. We found out the hard way that our upstairs toilet was leaking and had our neighbor who is a plumber come over and put in a new WHITE one! So, we are saying good bye to one more pink thing in my house. Of course, Lani was not pleased with it and wanted us to put it in her room. LOL!! What's left? Counter top, bathtub, bedroom carpet, kitchen blind, and back door. Not too bad:) We are getting there!

The old toilet! The new toilet!


On Thursday Oliver was sick so I took the kids on a surprise field trip to our favorite children's museum. My friend Melissa came with her daughter and a little girl that she watches. All of the kiddos were soooo good and we had a blast. Here are some photos from our day!



mail callAhoy matey


Budding architects!

What's that sound?

Waiting for lunch!

what's for dinner?

On Friday we went to Flipz which was insane! There were people everywhere and there was no way I could snap any photos. Luckily Lani handled the crowds well and still had a great time. It was good for Wesley and Athena to get out some of that pent up energy. We followed up with a special lunch at Friendly's then headed home for rest time.

I haven't had a chance to upload pics from Saturday yet. We took the kids swimming at a local hotel. I'll post about that when I can get those photos finished up:)

13 people showing me love:

Anonymous March 02, 2009 8:23 AM  

GOODBYE PINK TOILET!!!! Tori will definitely notice and probably miss it too!

Anonymous March 02, 2009 9:04 AM  

Heeeey...I was at the Children's Museum with my kids on Friday! We had never been there before. It was a lot of fun :)

Monica March 02, 2009 9:54 AM  

It sounds like you had a nice winter vacation. If I had a pink toilet, I'd be glad it was gone as well! Have fun with all the snow that we're getting today :)

Jessica March 02, 2009 11:26 AM  

I can't believe how big Lani is getting!

It looks like y'all had some busy fun!

I, too, am totally addicted to the Internet. It love research & it's definitely a researchers dream!

Shannon March 02, 2009 12:24 PM  

wow that was a nasty pink potty lol... I hope that it leaking didn't do any real damage to your house... the new white one is pretty lol... and your little field trip looks awesome!!

Melissa March 02, 2009 2:15 PM  

Those pics are beautiful with your new lens. so jealous over here!!

Sara March 02, 2009 4:08 PM  

That's the lens I have! I have the Nikon one though. It's a great piece of glass, kept it on my camera for about 6 months. I use the 60mm now, all the time.

Yay for no more pink potty! *LOL* Lani is so funny.

Looks like a great time at the museum, does she always smile?

I'm glad you have your internet back, make sure you call them and tell them the dates you were out. They will credit you. We have HBO and Showtime, our big TV splurge. We watch shows on them and probably couldn't live without them at all. Did you check out the site I sent you through Twitter? Let me know, okay? :)

Anonymous March 03, 2009 8:27 AM  

BEAUTIFUL pics! I LOVE the nice gleaming new white toilet. I do remember you mentioning everything in the house was pink. Never seen a toilet in rose color before.

Mama Skates March 03, 2009 12:16 PM  

love all the pics! and that lens - wow! glad u're getting rid of ur pink...i couldn't quite picture it, now i see what u mean - wow! ;0)

Shanna Grimes March 05, 2009 12:16 AM  

How could you get rid of the pepto throne??

Chaos is my Life March 06, 2009 10:48 AM  

What great shots!!! I just love Lani with her scrunched up nose!

FlipFlop Mom March 08, 2009 9:47 AM  

I finally got here to READ!! YAY!!! Good bye pink toilet... pink anything was the first thing to go in my house too.. if it's NOT in a little girls room.. it has no meaning to be anywhere else!!

FlipFlop Mom March 08, 2009 9:47 AM  

P.S. I have a huge distaste for PW... I'll e-mail you why!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP