2.01.2009

Frosted Flakes: Plant a Seed

I live in a very small town without a large budget for sports programs and fields. Wesley plays baseball and I just love going to the fields on warm Spring Saturday mornings. As the economy declines across the country so does our towns willingness to give money to our recreation department. I imagine this is a pattern in small towns all across the country. Now our fields must be maintained by volunteers whose own budgets are facing a decline.

Frosted Flakes is launching their own program to help rebuild 50 baseball fields across the country. The Plant a Seed program launches on Super Bowl Sunday with an ad encouraging communities to start rebuilding it's athletic fields "one seed at a time". These fields are where many kids begin to realize their full potential.

You can go to the Plant a Seed website to enter your town's fields into the contest. I know I am!!
Just think that you may be the one to "plant a seed" that will get your town new athletic fields.

Thank you to Mom Central for letting me know about this amazing program.

2 people showing me love:

Shanilie February 01, 2009 6:18 PM  

Sounds like a great program. Sports are definitely not cheap. Jacob also loves baseball and Ryan and I are hoping to enroll him in hockey in the fall.

Melissa February 02, 2009 11:06 PM  

Hi there, I left you an award over on my blog!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP