11.18.2008

Trying to update

This weekend was one of the best I've had since this Summer!! My BFF Michelle and I went on a scrapbook getaway with a few other fabulous and talented ladies.

The weekend started Friday night when Michael and I dropped Wesley and Lani off at his sisters for a sleepover. We decided to celebrate my birthday a few days early since we had a sitter. Michelle, her husband Dan and a few of their friends met at a restaurant in Manchester called Unwined. There was a live jazz band, a crazy amount of wine, and the best chocolate fondue ever! We actually dipped rice krispy treats!! How delicious is that? It was an awesome birthday dinner!!

On Saturday Michael headed to work while I headed out to meet Michelle for our trip up to Saco, Maine. We spent Saturday and most of Sunday in a hotel scrapbooking and creating! I had no intention of making my Christmas cards, but the Stampin' Up! demonstrator who put this all together brought some of her holiday stamps and I took full advantage of that. I am not going to post photos yet since some of my readers will be getting cards from me. (Let me know if you are interested in swapping)

I also was able to get 2 whole pages done, LOL:) Two adorable pages from Lani's 2nd birthday!! Those I will post when I can find my USB cord for my camera. I fell in love with a new to me product named "Stickles". It's kind of like a glitter glue! I used it on all of my Christmas cards and on my scrapbook pages. We stopped at an awesome scrapbook store on the way home so I stocked up on a few colors.

This past weekend was such a huge success that Tara is having another one in March for TWO nights this time. Michelle and I are so there!! Let me know if you are local and interested in going. Our one night stay was only $88 and it included the hotel room, dinner, breakfast, dessert buffet, $25 worth of Stampin' Up! products, and many raffles! Totally worth it. I know the one in March will be more becuase of the extra night.

Right now I am just trying to get caught up on things around here. Oh, I also taught myself how to knit so I have been playing around with that. My hands are super achy, but I am having fun:) On Friday I am going to a crop at my favorite scrapbook store for FREE because Thursday is my 31st birthday. I feel kind of bad about going, but I couldn't let my FREE month pass. I really owe Michael. He rocks!!!

8 people showing me love:

Mama Skates November 18, 2008 9:32 PM  

glad u got away & had a great time! can't wait to see how ur cards & pages came out

my BFF taught me to knit last Christmas & i made a pretty cool scarf...but then when i tried again months later, i totally forgot how to do it! ~lol~ my mom knows how to crochet & i've been thinking of asking her to teach me - hear it's even easier than knitting

AM November 18, 2008 10:32 PM  

Your birthday night out sounds fantastic!

I want a christmas card, although I have to warn you that at this point I am still very uninspired and not sure what I am doing yet for a christmas card or newsletter or whatever. Too many balls up in the air to make any decisions yet. So I might be a slacker, although I am sure I will get SOMETHING in the mail even if it ends up being a new years card!

Monica November 19, 2008 9:05 AM  

It sounds like you had a great weekend. The scrapbooking night out sounds fantastic. I would love to do that, but I think Paul would kill me if I left him with the 4 kids all weekend long :) Take care and have fun catching up!!

Jessica November 19, 2008 12:47 PM  

Sounds like it was fun & productive! You're realy making me wish I had the energy to do all of those crafty things right now. :)

FlipFlop Mom November 19, 2008 5:56 PM  

OHHHHH this girl is soooooooooooo JEALOUS!!! Ü

Anonymous November 20, 2008 9:34 AM  

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I'd love to swap cards again this year~in fact, I just posted about this very subject Mon. on my blog ;) Let me know if you're interested in swapping again.

"J" November 20, 2008 11:07 AM  

OH MY GOSH!!! Sounds like yall had a BLAST!!!!!! =) So much FUN!!!!!

I can't wit to see what you worked on!!! =)


Your b-day dinner sounds like it was sooooooooooooooooo so so so soooooooooooooo much FUN!!!!!!!

"J" November 20, 2008 11:08 AM  

I have a blog friend here in Texas (near me - we've never met) she scrapbooks! When I read her post I think of you and when I read yoru post I think of her!!! Yall are some scrapbooking fools!!! Here is her link:

http://forgetfulone.blogspot.com/

I'm going to click over to her page and share your link!!!! =)

Later Gator!!
HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP