11.23.2008

Brrr!!!

In my last post I mentioned that we froze out butts off at our Christmas parade. It's not in my town, but in Concord where I grew up. I knew earlier in the week that it was going to be frigid so I contemplated not going. I still was undecided on Saturday morning. I just did not want to deal with Lani in the cold by myself. (Michael was working) Of course we ended up going, armed with winter gear and blankets. I haven't missed a parade with my SIL and MIL since Wesley was 6 months old and I just couldn't start this year because of a little cold. I am a New Englander for goodness sakes!!!

staying warmwaiting

We went down to a nearby church fair to stay warm until the parade started. I spent $5 on 12 raffle tickets and won two fabulous prizes. There were over 200 cans spread out so I let Wesley choose where he dropped the tickets as long as he put in a few for Lani. Well, he won himself a fly wheel car (I think that's what they called it) and Lani won the Little People Dance n' Twirl palace. We planned on getting the palace for Christmas so I was thrilled about this win!! I already bought her the little horse and carriage that goes with it.

We soon headed out into the cold and froze our butts off. The kids didn't even make it to the end of the parade with Santa, but we had fun anyway. Lani was such a good girl and hardly made a peep. Wesley's poor little toes were frozen so he went to sit in the car.

The family

I am really hoping that this cold weather moves out. I don't remember it being this cold near my birthday before. Our lake even has a thin layer of ice on it. Just crazy! I hope that this isn't a sign of things to come over the next 3 or 4 months.

:::

I also wanted to post a few scrapbook pages that I did at my weekend getaway and Friday night.

Beach BabeBoat ride4th of JulyOpening presentEating cakePicking Pumkins and a little something else ;)

9 people showing me love:

Mama Skates November 23, 2008 8:57 PM  

i can't imagine living up there in that cold - the winters down here r bad enuff!

the pages look great - especially the picking pumpkins one - too cute!

Magnolia Sun November 23, 2008 9:06 PM  

Sounds like a fun time but I do not miss those NE winters. I'll take the Florida winters anytime.

Monica November 23, 2008 9:27 PM  

I wasn't as brave as you, to weather the parade. I'll stay inside where I'm toasty!

I really like your pages. I think my sister and I have the same beach paper as you!

SJINCO November 23, 2008 11:40 PM  

Sounds super cold! But I think it's great that you went and stuck it out for as long as you could :)

Love your scrapbook pages!

Emma in Canada November 24, 2008 4:41 AM  

Our Christmas parades are indoors, you can never trust an Edmonton winter!

Love, love, love the pages.

Anonymous November 24, 2008 8:51 AM  

Glad you had a good time @ the parade despite the bitter cold! Your pages look awesome~great job :)

Melissa November 24, 2008 9:45 PM  

Your scrapbook pages are so cute. Ok, you guys totally need to get out of that cold weather and come down here and visit!!

Jesser November 25, 2008 12:00 AM  

Looks like a great time! Reminds me of going to the Parade of Lights here when I was a kid. I will be anxious to take Miss Tabby some day. Scrapbook pages look great too. :)

Jenn November 25, 2008 3:25 AM  

How fun!!! I used to scrapbook a lot.

Hey, Have you seen the website: www.scrapblog.com? It is rly neat.

Stay warm...that Hot Chocolate looks delicious! We've had some very cold weather here for us too (19 degrees is cold for NC)...and a little snow too...

Hope you and your fam have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP