10.16.2008

Self portrait
We went to one of our favorite parks with my Aunt on Monday. She has Monday's off from her job so we always try to spend time together when I don't have any child care kiddos. It was a fabulous day for the playground and a walk around the pond. The leaves were changing and there were lots of critters for the kids to check out.

the wallhorsie ride

I can't even begin to explain how much I love my Aunt! She is my Mom's sister, but is her total opposite. Absolutely NOTHING like her!! I often wonder if somehow she was meant to be my Mom because I feel that we have much more in common. We share the same fears, anxieties, loves, obsessions, needs, wants! It's so crazy and I am so thankful to have her in our lives. Wesley and Lani absolutely LOVE our special Aunt Carol days!! They don't come often during the school year, but that just makes them that much more special.

on the monkey bars

This is totally not where this post was meant to go. I wanted to write about how I am making mini pumpkin pies with the child care kiddos tomorrow. Lani can't have it because there is evaporated milk in it. I am sure she would hate it anyway so I am making her a mini ice cream pie with her soy ice cream. Sounds yummy doesn't it? I know that she will love it:) If she does like it then it's what I will bring for her on Thanksgiving.

8 people showing me love:

Mama Skates October 17, 2008 9:30 AM  

mmmm, pumpkin pie - my fav!

love that last pic of wesley!

Anonymous October 17, 2008 12:58 PM  

Were you at Livingston on Monday? I was there--it would have been so cool to bump into you!

Wendy October 17, 2008 1:05 PM  

Karen~Yep! We were there around 11-2ish. A lot of that time was spent on the trail, but we did go on the playground for a while. Too funny! The park is a drive for us, but worth it.

Anonymous October 17, 2008 2:32 PM  

We were there at 2:30 and took plenty of pictures on the little bridge with the beautiful foliage behind us. My kids love going to Livingston!

FlipFlop Mom October 17, 2008 6:50 PM  

Oh.... how sweet and lucky of you to have such an AMAZING aunt.. I'm jealous... Ü and of COURSE I LOVE the pictures!!!!

SJINCO October 19, 2008 7:50 PM  

Sounds like you all had a fantastic day, it's nice to have family members close by that you adore!

Love the photos! And the treats sound great!

Erin October 20, 2008 11:41 AM  

My mom and aunt are the same way...we've always said God must have gotten the kids mixed up because I am JUST like my aunt and my cousin is more like my mom!

Pumpkin pie sounds yummy! Cute pics!

Peggy October 21, 2008 8:22 AM  

Wow, it looks beautiful outside there!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP