10.13.2008

Green Belt

Wesley was promoted to a green belt in his karate class last night. The style of karate he studies is called "Shorin Ryu". Being a green belt brings him up to the "intermediate" level. Wesley will have a lot more that is expected from him.

This month was Wesley's 3 year anniversary at this school. I think this was a fabulous way to celebrate:)


Wesley's Green Belt Promotion Ceremony from Wendy on Vimeo


I set up the camera to take the video so I could take some photos. I HATE taking photos in the dojo. The lighting is horrible and my photos always come out so crappy! The subject makes these ones look beautiful to me!!

"waking up" the green belt

Daddy passing along the green belt

Removing his blue beltPutting on his green belt


Daddy hugs and congratulations

Listening

9 people showing me love:

Mama Skates October 14, 2008 10:35 AM  

congrats wesley! i'm so excited about jaden's ceremony some day! did michael get into karate before or after wesley? everyone at jiu-jitsu insists that curtis needs to join now...that that's how all the other parents ended up enrolling ;0)

Peggy October 14, 2008 10:53 AM  

That is awesome! I know he is so proud of himself. My son studies MMA and loves it!

SJINCO October 14, 2008 11:41 AM  

Congrats to Wesley! I know you must be very proud of him! Does Michael do karate too?

Donna October 14, 2008 12:07 PM  

What proud parents!!

Way to go Wesley!!

Sara October 14, 2008 1:14 PM  

Yay Wesley!

Wendy, this brings back such memories! Jacqueline was in the same form of karate for 3 years. She left when we moved, she had her third stripe on her brown belt!

Jenn October 14, 2008 6:08 PM  

Awesome Wesley!

"J" October 14, 2008 6:35 PM  

Awwwwwwwwwww - That is soooooooooooooooo SWEET!!!!! =)

Erin October 14, 2008 9:54 PM  

That's awesome! Congrats Wesley!!

Anonymous October 16, 2008 12:51 AM  

Congratulations Wesley!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP