9.04.2008

Some more practice

This weekend we had a cookout at Michael's sisters house. I asked my nieces if I could practice taking some outdoor photos of them. They both jumped at the chance and made things super easy for me with their natural modeling abilities;) I really wanted to use my 'manual' mode, but things were just sooo blurry! I still have a lot to learn, so I switched over to the 'P' on my camera. I have no idea what it stands for, but I normally can take some great photos with it. Here are some of the shots I took. Once again remember that these are just practice:) I KNOW that I still have A LOT to learn.

JennaJenna


sisters

Leah and DustyLeah B/W


Leah

Jenna

7 people showing me love:

Andrea September 04, 2008 9:17 PM  

Great pics! I love the black and white one and the one with the cat! :)

AM September 04, 2008 10:37 PM  

The two best are the close up of your younger niece at the fence and the older neice on the grass. Both of those look very good. Well, they all look great, but you know what I mean. Good job!

Drea September 05, 2008 12:21 AM  

"P" means portrait I think. Not 100% sure.. but Im pretty sure. it means that the background will be blurry.. and that it focus' on the center focal point sharper than anything else.

If you want.. heres the setting I used today during my shoot. (since we have the same cam hehe)

Put your Cam on M.
Then turn it on and hit "ISO" (its the top arrow on the circle thing)
A screen will come up on the LCD. You will see the ISO speeds. 100, 200, 400 and so on.

Select 400.

Then you can start shooting.
Make sure ur WB is on auto as well.

You will be shooting manual.. use the front rotating thing towards the front of the camera to change the exposure. Always shoot for the middle.. but if you are a little over or under its ok.

Oh and shoot in RAW! :-) if you have photoshop to edit.

Hope that helps!

Ur neices are beautiful btw!

Anonymous September 05, 2008 8:08 AM  

Wendy! These are BEAUTIFUL pics~you did an outstanding job w/them! I ♥ them all but my faves are your neice w/the kitty, your other neice in sitting in the green grass & the last one! They're all just wonderful though!

I have a Canon PowerShot S3 IS camera~I know it's not SLR but I have the "P" setting that you were talking about. I've been "experimenting" alot lately w/the different settings on mine & whenever I use the "P" setting, there's a little box that comes up on the LCD screen(anytime I change the setting this happens & the little box explains what the settings mean) that says "Program".

Sorry to ramble! These are awesome pics~you're doing a great job w/your camera :)

Erin September 08, 2008 2:52 PM  

Amazing pictures!! I love the one of your younger niece by the fence and the black and white...they all look like they could be from a magazine or something, they look professional. Great job!!

Chastity September 11, 2008 5:32 PM  

Wow..these are gorgeous pics as well. You are seriously talented.

SJINCO September 28, 2008 12:58 AM  

I think these came out really good! Practice makes perfect, and really - don't be so hard on yourself!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP