8.01.2008

Vacation....Tanners and windfarm edition

On our last day we headed out to Tanner's Orchard. They have a big play area there and the kiddos were feeling a little cooped up. The play area was deserted as most people were inside eating their delicious home made goodies. Also it was a weekday which meant most of the customers were a little too old to be out on the playground:)

farmer at heart

Michael and I



Near the orchard is a wind farm with some HUGE windmills. I forget all the numbers now, but I do remember that each one can power over 600 homes and each blade is like 135 ft.
Giant wind millgigantic

I heard that some people hate what they are doing to the landscape out there in farm country. I thought they looked neat, but I don't live there and have to look at them every day. When we flew out of Peoria into Chicago we could see the wind farm from the air. It amazed me how far it spread across the fields.

wind farm

4 people showing me love:

Jenn August 01, 2008 11:03 AM  

Wow, that is amazing. I've always loved windmills. Although, these are very high tech looking ones! : ) There is just something special about seeing one and knowing how the wind can bring power.

I think of how the Holy Spirit is like wind, bringing power from on high.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos.

Erin August 01, 2008 12:31 PM  

Personally I think the windmills are really cool! I love the idea of getting power from something so natural...and they look so neat across the landscape. I really like that middle picture of the single windmill...totally frameable! That orchard place sounds fun too!

Mama Skates August 04, 2008 1:08 PM  

yeah, there's a big debate here about putting one in...i think it's cool & hey, what's wrong with natural energy?! some ppl r so silly!

SJINCO August 07, 2008 5:35 PM  

I've seen those windmills before, but in California. I always thought they were neat too....

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP