8.25.2008

Too late?

I have been considering using cloth diapers on Lani. Yes, it is a little late in the game, but she is no where near ready to potty train. I am home with Lani pretty much every day so the process will be simple for our family. At first we may use disposables on outings, but eventually as we become "experts" with the cloth I will use them when we are out and about as well.

I will only need a few since Lani only uses about 4 disposables on an average day. Of course there are days when we use more, but its only if she has an upset tummy. Now I am researching some different types and brands online. UGH! It's soooo confusing:( I don't want to let that discourage me, but it's a lot of money and I want to make the right decision.

I would love to hear from cloth diapering families. What are your favorite cloth diapers? Any advice for someone starting so late in the game. Is it worth it?

7 people showing me love:

Andrea August 25, 2008 9:37 PM  

It's never too late! :) I have used cloth diapers with both my kids from the time they were born and I love them! Most of mine were homemade ones though (my mom made them)...but I have bought a few and my favorite ones that I have bought so far are from Wee Ones by JaJoc (http://weeones.biz/joomla/)
Good luck!!! (Oh, and if they have awesome diapers for night time - the zorbeez organic cotton fleece diapers with the upgraded nightime trifold - and it works best if you use them with the PUL pull up diaper covers :) )

Anonymous August 25, 2008 10:08 PM  

They did a big article in parents magazine and they went over all the pros and cons of each kind. Maybe if you go to their site you can read it...it was a few months ago - could have been longer time flies for me.

Jesser August 25, 2008 11:35 PM  

I'm sure it's not too late, but I have no idea about this subject. The ladies at BalancingEverything.com and Teatopia.net both use cloth diapers, so maybe you can find something there. BE.com's webmistress owns a cloth diaper company or used to or something and I know Hannah has done posts on the subject. good luck!

Anonymous August 26, 2008 2:20 AM  

I was going to say..."don't do it" but....I'll keep it to myself...sort of.

Emmakirst August 26, 2008 8:21 AM  

i guess it isn't too late, i wouldn't know how though, looks like you've got other commenters that know their stuff, good luck!

Shannon August 26, 2008 2:35 PM  

look on craig's list for good deals on cloth diapers... if Lorelei didn't have such senative skin I would of used them more but it just rubbed her raw... but good luck... I know you will do great with them!

Jessica August 26, 2008 6:34 PM  

I really want to use cloth, too. I also find it a bit confusing - there are so many options! Hannah (teatopia.net) has lots of cloth diapering info!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP