8.20.2008

Photography

My photography skills are nothing compared to my blogging friend, Drea!! Her style inspires me and she has been nothing but encouraging, helpful, and sweet to me when I ask her questions about cameras, lenses, editing, etc.

Wesley, Lani and I headed down to the lake to throw rocks into the water and I decided that it would be a perfect spot for some photos. Neither of the kids were dressed appropriately, but I am pretty excited about how they came out, considering it was completely impromptu and total practice. My friend Melissa is coming over this weekend so we will attempt a photo shoot with her daughter in this spot. Maybe I will get something for Lani's 2 year old photos so I don't have to bring her to Target. That would be fabulous:)

You will notice that Wesley and Lani are wearing sweatshirts. Yep...it was only 65 degrees here yesterday:( Wesley also has a hard time with a natural smile (like his Mama) so we now have him say "bananas". The smile is perfect!! I'll be sure to pass this along to the school photographer.

Lani bearCould it get any cuter!






diva

Let me know what you think! Remember that we didn't plan this and their outfits are not what I would dress them in for a photo shoot.

12 people showing me love:

Anonymous August 20, 2008 8:43 AM  

The photos are great! I love the shots of the two of them. And it's a beautiful spot; it looks nice with the sunlight. Very cute!

Donna August 20, 2008 8:50 AM  

I love the one on the rocks!!

Lani's glasses are a cute touch=)

Mama Skates August 20, 2008 9:21 AM  

yeah, the rock one is the best! and the last one of lani - too cute!

Melissa August 20, 2008 3:31 PM  

Those are some great pics! I love how they are looking at each other too. And, the first thing I noticed was the sweatshirts. Unbelievable!

Trace August 20, 2008 4:29 PM  

They are great shots! I really like the last 2 but they are all really good. :)

Trace

Anonymous August 20, 2008 5:16 PM  

Wendy~these are awesome pics~you did a fantastic job! I love the ones of both of them~you can tell by those pics that they share a great sibling bond~even though they're different genders :) The last one of Lani is PRECIOUS~♥ it :) Great job! I think these have as much quality as any professional photography company!!!!

Andrea August 20, 2008 10:41 PM  

Those pictures are awesome...way to go! I love the one with the shades...haha...that is too cute!

BS August 20, 2008 11:30 PM  

Great job.

suzspeaks August 21, 2008 12:03 AM  

SOOO cute!!! You need to frame them!

SJINCO August 21, 2008 11:38 AM  

They are all wonderful however I love the very last one, and the second to last one the most! Totally frame-worthy!

And who's this Drea person? I might have to check her out myself. You know, since I have a love for photography myself....

AM August 21, 2008 1:52 PM  

you have a great eye for what makes a good photo backdrop. The rock water combo is perfect as is the old wooden fence railing.

Sara August 23, 2008 11:12 AM  

So cute! I think you did a great job! :)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP