8.15.2008

Dangerous Days of Daniel X::James Patterson

I have said on many occasions that James Patterson is one of my favorite authors. So, when I received his new book, Dangerous Days of Daniel X I was thrilled. I knew there was no way this book would disappoint me and I was right. He wrote this book with the same amount of intrigue, action, mystery, and comedy as his adult focused stories.

This new book series is James Patterson's way of encouraging young boys to read. The story is about 15 year old Daniel, who is an alien hunter. He is doing this to avenge the death of his parents by hunting down aliens on a list. He hopes to get to the number one alien, The Prayer, who killed his Mom and Dad when he was three. Daniels character is funny, talented, imaginative and his story was simple to follow.

My son Wesley is 8, but reads at a very advanced level. He loves to read, unlike most boys his age, and I knew he would love this book. All I had to mention was "alien hunter" and he was all over it. So, I read a chapter then I passed it along to Wesley to read. I did this in case he had any questions about what was going on. We read the whole book in two days during Lani's nap or after she went to bed. The chapters are very short so Wesley didn't feel overwhelmed by the length.

I am so excited to read the next book in the series. Wesley asks me quite frequently when we get to read the book together again. What a special way to spend time reading with my son. Not only is it a book he loves, but I enjoy it also. Book number 2 is scheduled to be released in July of 2009. You can head over to the Dangerous Days of Daniel X website to read more about the books, future film deals, and other fun activities.

1 people showing me love:

Mama Skates August 18, 2008 10:30 AM  

wow, what a sweet idea - for u and wesley to read the book together....LOVE it! :0)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP