8.15.2008

Here I am...

WOW! It's been a while since I have been able to find a second to post on here. We are on vacation this week so my computer time has been limited. We have been going on day trips, getting ready for 3rd grade, doing some house stuff, and just chilling out. The weather has been surprisingly beautiful!

Here is a little review of what we have done so far:

Saturday was spent around the house until we went to see a show that my friend Joel put on. There were about 5 bands and I liked 3 so that's not too bad. The bands are local, young, and amazingly talented. It's awesome to see these kid's doing something the love and staying out of trouble.

Sunday was spent at York Beach in Maine. It was a beautiful day and we had a wonderful time with our good friends Joel, Melissa, and Sarah. We went to Nubble Lighthouse and then to short sands beach. Lani loved playing in the sand, but she was afraid of the waves down near the water. Wesley on the other hand would not come out of the water:) We had to make him get out to eat and warm up.

family shot

Lani's sand castle

Wesley in the ocean

When I got home on Sunday night my friend Michelle called asking if I wanted to go see American Idol Live in Manchester. Her FIL got her some free tickets so I had about 5 minutes to get ready and meet her:) We ended up in the SECOND ROW!! I was thrilled since I have never been that close at any concert. We had a great time even though I only watched the season sporadically. I knew who everyone was, but didn't see every single week. It was just nice getting out of the house with a good friend!!

AI live

On Monday we spent the day with a friend who was dealing with some pretty heavy stuff. She needed someone to be with her so we went to hang out with her. Later we took Lani to her allergy appointment. It was just a check up on how things are going. The allergist had no concerns and just ordered some blood tests to check the milk, beef, and egg allergy. It's hard to believe that Lani has been dealing with this for a year. Things have definitely improved and we are dealing with it much easier. Thank goodness for Soy, that's all I have to say:) It has made our lives so much easier. Lani loves soy milk, and certain kinds of soy ice cream. Since she can have eggs baked in that has been easier to avoid and we normally have turkey so the beef is a non issue as well. Her allergist thinks that Lani is on track for growing out of these. I definitely hope so before she heads off to preschool next Fall.

On Tuesday we went to see "Space Chimps" at a place called Smitty's. My Aunt Carol came with us as well. It's a theater where they serve meals and you sit in comfortable seats. You also don't need to be super quiet so I knew it would be a better environment for Lani. She did great and I am sooo mad that I forgot my camera to document her first movie. The movie was short and cute!!

On Wednesday we headed up to the mountains. We went to the Flume Gorge in Franconia Notch State Park. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was nice to get a break from all the rain. I'll just tell the story with photos:) I took plenty!!

fall?

cold waterthe Flume Gorge


on the way up



me and my kiddos

taaaa daaaa

On Thursday we ran lots of errands. Walmart, oil change, Toys R' Us, school shopping, etc! We also grabbed some lunch at Friendly's! Our favorite place to go as a family!! Lani can't have their ice cream, but they cut up one of their Oreo brownies for her along with some maraschino cherries. She doesn't even miss the ice cream:) I was a very good girl and skipped the sundae. When we got home Michael and I tore down the picket fence out front. I hope to get some photos today! It is so strange to look out and not see the fence there anymore. I am glad it's gone thought. The fence was trashed this winter, it was peeling, and just looking OLD!!

Today we went to Ellacoya State park for a few hours to let Wesley play in the water. Now Wesley and Michael are at the movies watching "Clone Wars". Wes has been counting down the days until today. He even wrote it on my calendar so we wouldn't forgot:) Lani is napping so I am enjoying some peace and quiet.

Remember that you can click on any of the photos to see more!!

5 people showing me love:

Mrs. Stam August 15, 2008 4:57 PM  

Wow sounds like your having a great time!!!!

Chastity August 16, 2008 1:37 PM  

Wow, this has been one busy summer for you guys. It seems like you're always doing something. I'm kind of jealous!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ August 17, 2008 10:46 PM  

Busy busy busy! you always are doing something fun!

That ocean sure looks familiar! wink wink... we left out prints in the sand for you to see..... we are going back Wednesday I think.

I brought the girls to American Idol 2 years ago.... so many Teen agers...GAHHHHHH! I was going crazy.

Mama Skates August 18, 2008 10:31 AM  

wow, busy lady! LOVE the pics, as usual! u guys always look like u're having the BEST time! and all the outdoors stuff makes me jealous - what a beautiful place!

SJINCO August 21, 2008 11:52 AM  

Whoa that State Park looks amazing! Love all your photos!

And you went to the Idol concert! LUCKY YOU. Michael Johns was my favorite!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP