7.08.2008

A Summer Affair By Elin Hilderbrand

A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand is about Claire, a mother of 4 and wife to Jason. She lives on Nantucket and is asked to serve as chair person of The Nantucket's Children Summer Gala. She has a hard time saying "no" and takes on this challenge. It leads to an affair with Lock, the millionaire who heads this organization. Of course it's hot, steamy, full of secrets, lies and deception. The drama is never ending!

I started to read this book and was instantly sucked in. I stayed up too late for two night so that I could finish this book. I just had to know what was going to happen. It seemed that there was constantly something happening to the books main character. I felt a little like I was spying into the life of these people and just couldn't turn away from it. There were times when I couldn't believe what was going on and could never imagine myself in Claire's position. I guess that's why this would be the perfect book to take to the beach with you. Sit back, relax, and get away from the real world for a while.

As always I would like to offer my copy of this book in a giveaway! I will be leaving for vacation in a few days so I will choose the winner on Friday, July 11th. Good Luck!!

Thank you to Mother Talk for allowing me the opportunity to read and review this book.

8 people showing me love:

Wanda July 08, 2008 10:31 AM  

Oh sign me up for the giveaway please! I will put some of my latest reads up for grabs soon--- didn't know what to do with my books since we moved here and don't really know anyone to share with!

Cheers!

Magnolia Sun July 08, 2008 4:56 PM  

Put my name in for the drawing - the books sounds really good.

BS July 08, 2008 10:56 PM  

Since going to the beach isn't in my immediate plans, it would be perfect for sitting out on the deck in the evening. Pick me, OK?

Melissa July 09, 2008 11:14 AM  

Count me in- Thanks!

Emma in Canada July 09, 2008 5:07 PM  

Oooohhh...would love to read this. Might even buy it if I don't win, I'm intrigued now!

AM July 09, 2008 8:40 PM  

Throw my name in the hat!

Daisy July 09, 2008 9:22 PM  

I found it a fun read, too. I don't need to join the giveaway - my review will be up next week, at the end of the review cycle!

Mama Skates July 10, 2008 10:22 AM  

throw my name in too - one of my new goals is to make more time for reading...i've given up a lot of little "me" things that i used to love & reading is a big one...this sounds like a good read too!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP