7.04.2008

Happy 4th of July

We arrived home early from the fireworks so I decided to upload the pictures and get them onto Flickr. We decided to try out the fireworks and Lani seemed to be doing really well. That was until the amateur fireworks began. She was diving onto me and Michael saying "Hold me" and "I no like it". Then she laid down, asked me to cuddle her and sing "Twinkle Twinkle" over and over. If it was this bad already then I knew we would be in trouble when the real thing started so we headed home. No biggie since Wesley wasn't with us. No sense in torturing the poor girl!!

Our Fourth of July celebrations began with a few friends coming over. We ate some BBQ with all the fixins' then the boys did some jamming. Joel bought Wesley a used drum set so of course Joel and Michael took turns playing on that. I shot a little video of Lani singing the "I Love You" song from Barney. (Don't mind our messy garage! We had to move a lot of things around to make room for the drum set)



After everyone left we were going to head down to my friend Michelle's cookout, but Lani was in need of a nap. So, we drove around to let her nap and by the time she woke up it was too late. Lani woke up hungry and was asking for "fry fries and chicken" so we headed off to Friendly's! You already read above about our attempt at the fireworks. I will put on some of the photos and Lani's video of course. As always you can click on any of the photos to be brought over to my Flickr account to see more photos.

Joel w/ Wesley's surprise

grillin'

Playing

"I no like it"

Before

10 people showing me love:

Jessica July 05, 2008 8:08 AM  

Aw, poor Lani!

Ray was worried about Addison with the fireworks, too. I'm going to put up a video of her reaction later. :)

Chastity July 05, 2008 1:39 PM  

We did fireworks from afar this year, and I'm glad we made that decision. While there were big booms, nothing was TOO loud. I kind of think Lila would have had a similar reaction to Lani's if we'd tried the up close shows.

Mason and Terri's Mom July 05, 2008 10:42 PM  

HAPPY Independence day! I LOVE the Barney SOng!!!

I didn't forget about mailing that package, I'm just plain ol fashioned LAZY!!

<3 m & ts MEAN Mamma!

Wanda July 05, 2008 11:31 PM  

Oh I love her little song:) What a cutie pie- sorry the fireworks did not work out for you. We watched from home as our little man would not settle at the bbq. We will try and get closer next year!

Cheers

Melissa July 07, 2008 9:08 AM  

Poor Lani! Katelyn did good with the fireworks we had at our house. I'm sure she'll do better next year!

Anonymous July 07, 2008 10:31 AM  

Glad you had a good holiday despite Lani disliking the fireworks. Maybe next year she'll warm up to them! That video is SO cute!

Mama Skates July 07, 2008 2:05 PM  

too cute - love the lil video!

Mrs. Stam July 08, 2008 11:50 AM  

Wow looks like you had a nice time!

Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org July 09, 2008 12:40 AM  

awww, Lani is just too adorable for words in that video clip!

thedomesticdiva.org

FlipFlop Mom July 09, 2008 9:47 PM  

ohhhhhhhhhhhh I loved listening to her sing... I remember Katie singing that when she was TWO.. in plastic highheel shoes.. in her little mermaid undies... ( she'd kill me if she knew I was posting this.. LOL LOL)... this is sooooo SWEET!!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP