7.30.2008

Snactivate: Kellogg's is helping families make healthier food choices.


My little Lani is a snacker. She would much rather snack all day then eat an actual meal. Of course, this is what tends to happen sometimes without me even realizing it. Our family is always on the look out for healthy, allergy friendly snacks for Lani and Wesley alike. I was thrilled to hear about Kellogg's new website "Snacktivate". It is full of ideas on how to include your children in the meal and snack planning. Also how to make snacks more then just a treat, but a way to compliment breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Kellogg's "Sassy Sunpops" is one of the recipes that you can find on the "Snackitive" recipe page. It's a traditional peanut butter cookie that uses crushed Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheat cereal. I was sent this recipe in my package from Mom Central so I decided to give them a try with Wesley while Lani was napping. Wesley was hesitant to try these cookies because of the added cereal. The final product was truly delicious even though we all picked the almonds off:) What a fun way to get your kiddos to eat a fairly healthy snack.

Head on ever and check out some of the other recipes then bring your kiddos in to the kitchen to make a yummy treat!!

2 people showing me love:

Wendy July 30, 2008 8:58 PM  

They sound good to me...I may have to try this. Jayke is more of a snacker too.

Andrea July 30, 2008 10:53 PM  

Sounds so tasty!! BTW...are you still having trouble commenting on my blog?

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP