7.30.2008

Vacation....the St. Louis edition

For two days we headed on a road trip to St. Louis. It's about 2 hours away from my grandparents so the trip wasn't too bad. We left early Wednesday morning with plans to go right to the St. Louis Zoo. We had a little change of plans when Wesley caught some sort of bug. We stopped to get lunch in Collinsville and Wesley was so sick:( This was so strange because the boy hasn't even had a cold since he was around 4 years old. We decided to get a hotel and let him rest. He took a 2 hour nap in the room while Michael and I busied Lani. I knew that Wesley HAD to be sick at this point because the boy NEVER takes a nap. He thought he was better but ended up throwing up so we decided to stay in for the night. Wesley was drugged with Tylenol then he passed out for another few hours. Michael took Lani on a few rides and then she took a bath. He woke up later that evening and felt almost 100%! I was so glad!!!

sick boy



We now had to fit the zoo and arch all into one day but we were totally fine with that. We canceled our trip to the children's museum though. The St. Louis Arch was our first stop on Thursday morning. We wanted to get over there and take the ride up to the top before it became too busy. The ride up was squished and hot, but definitely worth it. Lani became a little nervous up top so we didn't hang out too long. I was able to get some photos and see the hazy view. Six years ago when we brought Wesley her he called it "the big thing". Lani has named it "the rainbow". LOL!! After the ride down we went into the westward expansion museum that is in the bottom of the arch.

almost there







Next was our short trip over to the zoo. It was already sooo hot, but we stocked up on water and headed out into the exhibits. I wont bother explaining too much except that I love this zoo. It's so much better than any we have here in New England. My favorite was the penguin exhibit. Not only because it was about 40 degrees but because they have always been one of my favorite animals. Lani and Wesley both did really well despite the temperatures soaring into the high 90's. Normal for summers in St. Louis, but not normal for this New Hampshire girl:)
penguin cave

carousel ride





After the zoo we stopped for some dinner and made the trek home.

4 people showing me love:

Donna July 30, 2008 10:00 PM  

Great pictures of the city!!

I am so glad Wesley wasn't sick too long.

Merci is sick today, can't even keep down water, poor girl=( I hate that there isn't much I can do.

Chastity July 31, 2008 8:43 AM  

I'm so sorry Wes was sick on your vacation. At least he got better in time to head to the zoo! Looks like a fun segment of the trip overall.

Mama Skates July 31, 2008 12:30 PM  

how fun - we LOVE the zoo! & that would b so neat to go up in the arch - my kids would totally dig that!

Erin August 01, 2008 12:34 PM  

Aw, poor Wesley! What a bummer to get sick on vacation! Isn't the penguin exhibit too cool?? I think that's my fav. part of the zoo! We haven't taken Hailey up in the arch yet, we'll have to do that soon :) I'm bummed we didn't get to meet up! :( Maybe next time.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP