6.25.2008

Weekend Round Up...Lani's 2nd Birthday edition

On Friday night we just hung around here after a quick trip to the grocery store for some snacks. We rented National Treasure 2 from the Redbox there. It was an okay movie, but definitely not as good as the first one. It was the only one in the box that Wesley could watch with us.


Saturday was pretty busy! I spent most of the morning cleaning and preparing for Lani's birthday party. My cousin and I (will talk about her visit in a different post) went into town for some last minute party goodies and supplies. Can you believethat NO party store had Abby Cadabby balloons? UGH!! I knew I should have just ordered them on line instead of trying to save on shipping. I was kind of grumpy with the lady because she should have know that Abby is the latest rage among toddlers!! GEESH!! Luckily Target had the plates and napkins so I had a few Abby goodies. I know that Lani really could have cared less, but I am a theme person when it comes to parties. I think it's a lot of fun:)

Later we went to see Michael's band play at a Relay for Life benefit in Concord. They did a great job keeping all the walkers encouraged. There music is so upbeat and I could see everyone doing a little dance as they walked by them:) I know it wasn't their ideal "gig", but I was glad they performed there. Our friends Melissa and Joel came with their daughter Sarah. Melissa's sister passed away from cancer a few years ago. Sarah made a luminere in honor of her Aunt Sarah. We didn't stay for the whole event so I didn't get any photos of the lumieres all lit up.

The band

Listening to Daddy play guitar

What's so funny?


We left that show and headed over to a friend of Josh's (my BIL and bassist) who was having a hot rod party at his house. The boys played in their barn! It was a lot of fun and I can honestly say that I wish we didn't have the kids with us:) It was the perfect setting for some serious take your mind off of life drinking;) Oh well! We left shortly after Michael played since Sunday was going to be BUSY!!

at the hot rod show

Michael playing

getting sleepy

Now for the big day!! Sunday started out as a beautiful, warm, sunny day. I scheduled Lani's party for 2pm so that she could get a nap and be all rested up for her big day. Well, that came back to bite me in the ass. A HUGE thunderstorm rolled through right as everyone was arriving. We all made it inside before the rain started pouring down. Did I ever mention to you that my house is SMALL!! I was a little pissed at certain people who had canceled, but by this time I was glad:)

Lani and my guests were champs. It was stuffy and hot, but we all sat to watch Lani open her presents. She made it through it all with out any temper tantrums!! WOOT!! Lani was spoiled of course and received so many wonderful gifts. Please excuse the photo quality as I had to hand my camera over to someone else. It was scary, but Lani wouldn't let Michael help her open the presents. DANG!!

Clothes...love them

presents


I had everyone sing happy birthday to Lani while she was still in a good mood. I think my cake came out pretty darn cute. I have never made a layered cake before and it was much easier then I thought. Lani LOVED when everyone started singing to her. It really could have gone either way. She even blew out her candle. Michael didn't get a photo, but I hope that who ever was manning the video camera got it. My cake not only looked good, but it tasted delicious as well.

Oh...can you handle the talent?

The Happy Birthday Song

yummers cake

After cake everyone just kind of hung out throughout the house. Most of the kiddos were in the playroom. I stayed in there with Lani to make sure that she was sharing. It was also the least crowded room. Everyone slowly left since there wasn't much else to do. I made a children's CD and star shaped chocolate pops for the party favors. Thanks to Emma for the CD idea:) I liked giving something that the children will actually use.

playing with Daddy

I almost forgot to mention a special delivery that Lani received in the mail from a special friend. Lisa and her girls mailed Lani a Dora sit and spin. Oh, she LOVES it:) Lani hasn't quite figured the spinning part out, but she loves to push the button over and over and over again! Thanks so much Lisa!!! We will have to make sure that we don't double book next year so you can make it down! LOL!!

a special birthday delivery

15 people showing me love:

Donna June 25, 2008 1:40 PM  

I am glad the party turned out pretty good.

I think we will be getting rain for Merci's party too=( No pool, no Luau fun=( There is hope though.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ June 25, 2008 2:36 PM  

awww shucks...Looks like we missed a great Party! Next year I will make sure I plan around Lil Lani's Birthday.... I am HaPpY to hear she likes her sit'n spin....Whitney thought it was a perfect Lani gift.

I love Lani's Pink sun hat. SO cute!......

Hey...it is time we make plans again for Dinner and shopping! Maybe Tilton this time around???

Tiffany June 25, 2008 3:04 PM  

looks like it was a very cute party and im sure she had a blast

Andrea June 25, 2008 6:32 PM  

Happy b-day Lani!! I looove that Cake...it is so cute - and tasty looking too! haha. :)

Laura June 26, 2008 5:08 PM  

Happy bday to Lani! This means we've been reading each others blogs for over a year. Coolness. :)

I haven't given any thought to what to do for Deeder yet. He loves Shrek and I don't know if I really want to do that!

Glad the big 2 went well, despite the rain.

Anonymous June 27, 2008 1:26 AM  

Awww these are gorgeous!! So glad she had a good birthday!!! She just gets more and more beautiful!!!

It's my turn this weekend with Krystina's birthday on Saturday.... ;o)

Anonymous June 27, 2008 8:59 AM  

The outdoor, night time pic of the four kids looks so cool!
I love the cake, you did a great job!

Wanda June 27, 2008 8:53 PM  

Oh the birthday party looked like fun as did the band playing! We get to plan our first birthday party for Ian soon and we are pretty excited our baby boy is turning one.

FlipFlop Mom June 27, 2008 10:16 PM  

awwww Happy Birthday to little Lani!!! It' looks like you had a GREAT time!!!! The Thunderstorms are getting tiring right now.. huh?????

AHHH My daughter LOVED the Little Mermaid when she was that age... it was so cute seeing her hold that book!!!

kristie June 27, 2008 10:31 PM  

lani's cake was beautiful! it even matched her dress.

Jessica June 29, 2008 8:47 PM  

I love all of the pictures! Lani's birthday dress is too cute & what a great birthday cake! All of the pictures of the band are super cool.

Chastity June 29, 2008 10:31 PM  

Happy Birthday, Lani!!

SJINCO June 30, 2008 3:42 PM  

Totally looks like you all had sucha great time! Loved all the photos, that Lani sure is a cutie pie!

Jesser June 30, 2008 11:16 PM  

Looks like sooo much fun! Love that cake. Just wonderful. Lani is sure a cutie ... and Wesley... what a ham! ;)

Mama Skates July 03, 2008 4:30 PM  

the cake was adorable! i'm glad that lani's party turned out well, even with the weather trouble!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP