6.26.2008

More Than It Hurts You By: Darin Strauss

More Than It Hurts You by author Darin Strauss definitely is not a book that I would consider a good "beach read". It is about a mother, Dori, who is accused of intentionally harming her baby. This condition is called Munchausen by proxy. I have seen topic covered in movies, television shows, and books many times but never like this. In this book you actually are apart of the mother's horrible acts upon her child. Josh, the father, totally trusts his wife and has no idea what Dori has been doing to their sweet baby boy! It is scary that even in the best of relationships the other person may have a horrible secret.

I really liked this book once I got through the beginning. For some reason I wasn't able to connect to the characters. I didn't care too much about what was happening and my interest wasn't peaked. About 1/4 of the way through something clicked. I couldn't put the book down and finished it in two of my staying up way too late marathon book readings. It was intriguing to flip between Dori and Josh's days and how she used Zach (the baby) to manipulate the marriage. You just couldn't wait to find out where the story was going next. It's a definite must read and I have already put Darin's other books, The Real McCoy and Chang and Eng on hold at my local library.

If you would like to win my copy of this book just leave me a comment below. If you mention this post on your blog then I will throw your name in the hat twice. It doesn't need to be a whole post, just a casual mention would be nice:)

Thanks so much to Mother Talk for the opportunity to read this book!

11 people showing me love:

Happy June 26, 2008 8:47 PM  

It sounds good...a vacation read next week for me....

BS June 26, 2008 9:48 PM  

Sounds like this would be rather interesting to read.

darinstrauss June 27, 2008 2:08 AM  

Hey,
This is Darin Strauss -- thanks for reading my book, and recommending it. I really appreciate it!
-ds

Anonymous June 27, 2008 8:58 AM  

OMG you have a comment from the author! How cool is that?? I'd love to read this book, it sounds so interesting! And, if I win, I'm sure the shipping would be super cheap!! =)Karen
baldasaro3@hotmail.com

FlipFlop Mom June 27, 2008 10:18 PM  

hmmm sounds interesting... you know me though.. I'm always trying different books to read.. and I'm reading the STRANGEST one right now... I don't know if I should close it for good.. or keep reading...

Daisy June 28, 2008 9:47 PM  

I'm with you -- it's a good read!

SJINCO June 28, 2008 11:22 PM  

I'd love to read this, count me in please!

PS: I see that Darin himself commented - he's a cool dude in my book!!

Mason and Terri's Mom June 29, 2008 6:11 PM  

OHH MY! Thats sounds like a certain boys mom. A certain boy that I see OFTEN. Maybe I could read it and leave it out for someone to ask about THEN I can have THAT SOMEONE READ IT!!! Maybe then will it CLICK that she needs to STOP medicating her child!

Jessica June 29, 2008 8:45 PM  

I couldn't imagine! I'm afraid I'd get way too emotional reading something like that (expecially right now!)

Chastity June 29, 2008 10:31 PM  

That actually sounds like something I'd really like...thanks for the recommendation!

jceko77 June 30, 2008 2:03 PM  

I'm interested. Thanks!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP