6.30.2008

Weekend Round Up

Our weekend started on Friday. We always take a day to spend with the kiddos for a special birthday outing. We took Wesley to the movies for his 8th birthday and for Lani we went to Charmingfare Farm for the day. It's not my favorite place, but I knew that Lani would love the animals. Their favorite was the goats in the petting zoo. Wesley stayed inside to hang out with the goats while Lani adored them from outside.

checking them out

Baby Lynx with it's mama!!

At the farm

Later that evening we went to see a special performance of "The Wizard of Oz" at the Franklin Opera House. Our friend Joel invited us because his Dad played the part of the Cowardly Lion. It was a fabulous show and Lani sat and watched the WHOLE play. Joel's Dad was hilarious and I am so glad that we decided to go. I was worried about Lani but she surprised us all.

On Saturday we woke up to get Wesley all packed for his week away from us. Michael's parents invited him up to a camp that they stay out in Northern New Hampshire. I probably over packed, but I wanted to make sure he had all the comforts of home. There is no phone service and I didn't want him to ever miss us:) We dropped him off at my in-laws and hung out until they left. It was so much harder to say goodbye to him then I thought it would:*(

We ended up doing some errands and then heading lunch and the "River Jamboree" in Concord with my friend Michelle and her kiddos. There wasn't too much for the kid's to do but they did have a few of those blow up slides. Her daughter Victoria loved them!!

After that Michael wanted to head over to a local ice cream shop that has non dairy soft serve ice cream. He is lactose intolerant and Lani is allergic so we were definitely interested in checking out this new discovery. The ice cream was amazingly delicious:) Lani was in HEAVEN and even drank the melted part with a straw. I am sure that people with severe milk allergies wouldn't be able to have the ice cream because it has been in contact with other dairy products in the shop. We will definitely be back since Lani loves this treat so much better than soy ice cream. I really wish I had my camera to take a photo of her first "real" ice cream treat.

On Sunday Michael and I cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned some more. Our upstairs has been seriously neglected since the warm weather fell upon us. We have just been so busy and didn't take the time to clean where no one ever went. It was well worth it since it looks so much better:) Later we headed to Concord for the Dan Zanes show!! He is from Concord and does a benefit show each year for The Friendly Kitchen, a local soup kitchen. We headed out to my high school to watch his show. It was AWESOME and Lani had a blast. She was a little shy at first, but let herself go towards the end. We went with our friends Joel, Melissa, and their daughter Sarah. He performed with some of his "local friends" and the show was a lot of fun. HOT, but fun:)

Beautiful ballerina

Dan Zane and friends

dancing

Michael had today off also so we ran some errands then went to the lake for some swimming with Lani. We really are missing Wesley and I can't believe that he is not coming home until Saturday. My SIL was able to get cell service and had Wesley called us. He is having a ton of fun of course and doesn't miss us at all. I guess that's a good thing?!?

us minus Wesley=sad:(

baby fishy

playing in the water

3 people showing me love:

FlipFlop Mom June 30, 2008 10:43 PM  

Oh you guys had an AMAZING WEEKEND!! good for you!!! My son doesn't want to go visit his aunt this weekend in Pelham.. LOL LOL... when they were little they use to jump at the thought of hanging out with the family... so enjoy it!!! Ü

All the pictures are GREAT!! LOVE THEM!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ July 01, 2008 6:41 PM  

Fun weekend! I never heard of that Farm before??? we used to go to ...ahh shoot!!! I can't remember the name of it! oh wait it is called " the friendly Farm in Dublin NH"

I cant believe Wesley is going to camp for a week! So awesome..I bet he feels all grown up!

Mama Skates July 03, 2008 4:33 PM  

great pics - sounds like u had a full & fun weekend!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP