5.27.2008

Weekend Round Up...part one

Please excuse my blog! It had been experiencing some technical difficulties. I am currently trying to figure out what is going on.

Now onto my weekend...

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early, packed the car, fought a little, packed the car some more, then headed up to Sugarloaf campground in the White Mountain National Forest. The ride up was HELL as Lani cried pretty much the whole ride up. UGH!! So, Wesley gave up his DS and I gave her a cookie to Lani quiet. It worked for a while but eventually I had to climb into the backseat with her.

DS and cookies
We arrived at the campground and settled ourselves in. Michael and Wesley went on a hike with Melissa, Joel, and Sarah. Lani and I stayed back since we didn't pack her hiking back pack. I attempted to put her down for a nap but that didn't work. Instead we just walked around the camp and explored.

beautiful

me with my kiddos

dancing

The rest of the afternoon was spent dancing, snacking, eating dinner, playing, and going for walks. It was pretty chilly up in the mountains so I wasn't in the mood to do much except sit by the fire.

Later in the evening we headed out to the Mount Washington Hotel to watch some fire works. You can see Mt. Washington with snow to the right of the hotel.

Sparkelers

Mount Washington and the hotel

fireworks

When we got back I put Lani to bed in the camper and attempted to hang out by the fire. It was just too COLD! Even by the fire we were shivering.
Melissa and I by the fire
It was FREEZING all night. I didn't get too much sleep because I was constantly checking on Lani who was sleeping between Michael and I. I bundled her and Wesley up so they were fine but I couldn't help but worry. I woke up feeling pretty refreshed though.

We have thunderstorms getting ready to hit us so I will post part two soon.

8 people showing me love:

Mama Skates May 27, 2008 1:21 PM  

wow, that waterfall rock climb looks awesome! sorry it was cold, but at least u didn't get rained on...can't wait for part 2 :0)

AM May 27, 2008 1:39 PM  

I've been camping in the freezing cold before and I HATE it. Once, we gave up half way thru th enight and packed up and went home. Of course, the campground was about a mile from our house, so no biggie.

Looks like a great time though and I know your kids will look back on those camping trips with great fondness.

Deb May 27, 2008 3:56 PM  

Oh those are some beautiful photos! It looks like a great time, even with the cold. :)

Jessica May 27, 2008 5:52 PM  

Sounds like fun!

But campfires & cold don't compute for me this time of year. :)

FinaDrea May 27, 2008 9:38 PM  

awe love all the pics. the one near the water is my fav.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ May 27, 2008 10:40 PM  

Ha! That's where Brad and I stayed for our Honeymoon!

Jesser May 27, 2008 11:23 PM  

Looks like such a great time. I've got major camping envy now!!! Love Lani's carseat too ....hehe. We've already got two or I'd be eying it for T. :)

SJINCO May 28, 2008 1:06 AM  

Gotta love camping! Totally looks like you had fun though, so that's good, right!?

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP