5.27.2008

Weekend Round Up...part two

Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL day! The morning was still pretty chilly but things warmed up quickly. We woke up and had a nice and easy breakfast...muffins and cereal. She really didn't eat well all weekend.

muffin and cereal for breakfast

After breakfast we all got ready for some sight seeing. The White Mountains are beautiful and there are so many little out of the way gems. We found this place off of route 302 behind the hotel. It's a big waterfall that flows down into a shallow river. The rocks have been carved out by the rushing water. Everyone dipped their toes into the freezing cold mountain water. I chose not to since putting socks back on wet feet feels super yucky to me. I know...such a party pooper:)

Idip

I was shocked that Lani actually wanted to put her toes in. She really loved it and kept telling me "cold mama".

BEAST

I think that this shirt fits him well! Michael, Joel, and Wesley went over to the other side of the river to explore. Isn't it beautiful. Of course the photos do not show how truly pretty it is.

mountain stream

When everyone was ready for lunch we headed to a more popular tourist stop for some a picnic lunch. Wesley did some fishing, we attempted to feed the ducks, Sarah went swimming, and we just relaxed. We headed back to camp when the kiddos were starting to lose it. Sarah passed right out and of course Lani didn't:) She had a lot of fun lining up her people and animals.

fishing in the mountains

Passed out

lining up

We headed home after a yummy dinner of hot dogs, corn on the cob, and potatoes. Lani fell asleep pretty quickly but woke up when we were stopped in some sort of border patrol check point. Yeah...so the rest of the ride was spent listening to her scream and me climbing in the back seat to keep her quiet. I was NEVER so happy to be home!!

I will post about our Monday getaway tomorrow.

7 people showing me love:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ May 27, 2008 10:37 PM  

What a fun getaway! I love the picture of Lani in her Winter coat then the next photo is her with no pants in the water...( That is New Hampshire weather for ya!)

Thanks for tonight! I had a great time...we need to get together more often!

SJINCO May 28, 2008 1:05 AM  

Oh the excitement! And what great photos! Looks like you all had a great time...

Now I'm anxious to give camping a go this weekend - and well, nervous too!

Anonymous May 28, 2008 1:34 AM  

Camping is always so much fun!!! Beautiful photos Wendy!

Mama Skates May 28, 2008 10:21 AM  

i'm sooooo jealous! i can't wait to go camping again! loved the pics - looks like a great time!

Chastity May 28, 2008 10:24 AM  

Beautiful pictures as always. You're making me want to camp...though I think I'd regret it as soon as I got there, lol.

Deb May 28, 2008 1:51 PM  

Oh I love these pictures too! Especially Lani with all of her Little People lined up, and dipping her toes in the water. :) You're making me really want to go camping though. ;)

"J" May 28, 2008 10:53 PM  

I'm soooooooooooooooooooo glad it went well! I love the pic of the water and that cliff looking thing! It's soooooooooooooooooo very pretty!

I'm soooooooooooo ready to go camping!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP