5.20.2008

Thank You!!

I am amazed and blessed by the generosity of my blogging friends. I truly appreciate all that you were able to give. Thank you so very much!! I have raised $115 so far with the help of my friends and family.


::


My long time readers know that my father passed away from brain cancer when he was 34. I was only 15 and hadn't seen my father much since my parents divorced when I was 5 years old. He and I reunited a few weeks before he passed away. It was very difficult to be near him when he was in so much pain and suffering.

One night during my visit I was sound asleep in the room next to his when I was jolted awake by a loud, constant beeping. The lights came on, I heard my Aunt calling 911, and my Uncle was telling my Dad to hang on. I was afraid to move, but I peeked out the door when I heard the ambulance sirens screaming out side. I eventually found out that my father had a seizure and had ripped out his morphine drip.

What I remember most about this night is the way we all were treated at the hospital once he was admitted. I didn't know then, but I have since learned that he was admitted into the new cancer center at the local hospital. (He was in Oklahoma at the time) Everyone was so helpful, kind, caring, and full of knowledge.

Now I live in New Hampshire, but I have the chance to support my local cancer center; Payson Center for Cancer Care. Next Wednesday I will be walking in the Sixth Annual 5K Rock n' Race to help raise funds for the Payson Center. Here's a little excerpt from my fundraising page.

"The Payson Center for Cancer Care is treating more patients than expected and continues to meet the ever-growing need for cancer care. Each year funding is provided for many cancer-related programs and services including treatment for uninsured or underinsured patients; cancer support groups and education; financial and nutrition counseling, health screenings and free transportation to and from cancer treatment. Over the past four years, this event has raised over half a million dollars for Payson Center patients.

Proceeds from the the sixth annual Ocean Bank & Hutter Construction Rock 'N Race will support the Concord Hospital Payson Center for Cancer Care once again. When you sponsor a fundraising page for the 2008 Ocean National Rock 'N Race, you are helping ensure people with cancer and their families are receiving access to virtually all the medical care treatment options and support services they need at the Payson Center."

If you would like to donate then please click here to donate any amount. There is a small donation box in the upper right hand corner that you will need to click on. Thank you in advance for your support!!!

2 people showing me love:

BS May 20, 2008 7:41 PM  

On May 4th, I walked in the Race for Hope (for brain tumor research). As promised, your Dad's name appeared on my "walking in memory of" card. Hopefully soon, things around here will ease up and I'll post about the walk. Good Luck with yours.

SJINCO May 21, 2008 8:05 PM  

Is it too late still to donate? What's the deadline if I haven't missed it yet.....

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP