5.20.2008

camping treats

I mentioned in my last post that we are going camping for one night this weekend. I am making my food list which includes the norm...s'mores:) YUMMY!! Well, I was thinking that we need some other camping goodies also. We can't just live on s'mores all week can we?

So, tell me!! What are your favorite camping meals, snacks, etc?

10 people showing me love:

Jesser May 20, 2008 9:27 AM  

Just read a post a couple of weeks ago on LJC about what she cooked while camping. They had a neat looking pig in a blanket thing ... a hotdog wrapped with biscuit dough I think. That looked pretty good. We like to take hamburgers or steaks for the first night and have fish after that. Oatmeal is always good .. hot chocolate too. ;) PBJ?

Donna May 20, 2008 9:34 AM  

We are going the whole weekend...I need to get off my computer and plan some meals.

I usually do a meat and veggie packet. Wrap chicken some kinda sauce and seasoning in a few layers of foil and put in the hot coal to cook, always so yummy!

Do a google search for camping food or camping meals, there are some good ones!

We do a big pot of chili too, I cook the meat before we go, a bit easier.

Have fun...we are hoping for good weather so we can drop the new jet ski in an see if it works! (Can't test drive jet skis!)

Andrea May 20, 2008 9:39 AM  

Well, hotdogs of course. ;) Hobo meals over the fire are super yummy too! (they're basically cut up potatos, carrots, onions sausage with some butter/salt/pepper...and then you wrap it in tin foil and cook it over the fire!) Banana boats are good too...same idea - cut a banana in half (but not ALL the way through) and put peanutbutter, choc. chips, marshmallows, etc. in the middle...then wrap it in tin foil and put it over the fire for a bit. :) They are super yummy, even though I know that 'warm bananas' don't sound the greatest! haha. :) Good luck with food ideas!

Chastity May 20, 2008 10:09 AM  

Call me boring, but I love hotdogs when camping. Actually, I love hotdogs anytime, but they're especially good when you're camping. Also, you can put a big rock in the fire, wrap potatoes in foil, and cook baked potatoes. My dad and brother recently cooked steaks this way (minus the foil) on a camping trip,and they said it was really really good.

Tam May 20, 2008 12:50 PM  

Good luck with the Camping.....I do not have any food advice as I have never camped in a tent. We always had campers with fridges and stoves and had regular meals. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Sloppy Joes, and usually where we camped there were great Seafood Places that we would get seafood.

Unknown May 20, 2008 4:21 PM  

Yummo - camping food. My stepdad puts a nail in the potatoes, so it heats up from the inside, wraps them in foil and cooks on the fire.

Andrea's banana's sound divine.

Don't forget beans and brown sugar...yummy!

Shannon May 21, 2008 12:54 PM  

fire pit chicken... chicken tossed in your fave seasonings wrapped in layers of foil, then tossed under the coals/wood bits/char stuff to cook it... easy and good!

Erin May 21, 2008 3:00 PM  

When I was in girl scouts years and years ago I learned a really yummy camping treat if your family likes bananas! You take a banana and cut the peel open lengthwise and cut down into the banana like halfway. Sprinkle in some brown sugar and butter (or cinnamon, anything like that is yummy!) and then wrap in foil and place face up in the hot coals of the fire. It doesn't take very long to cook. To me it didn't sound very good but it tastes great! :)

We also make chicken packets when we go camping...you put in chicken breast, whatever veggies you want, any kind of seasonings you want and then wrap in foil and cook over the fire until the chicken is done. We usually do baked potatoes too!

SJINCO May 21, 2008 8:07 PM  

I'm loving this post because it's giving me 'ideas' for our upcoming camping trip....

I be these would be good grilled over a campfire (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/bacon-wrapped_j/)

Hope you all have tons of fun!

"J" May 21, 2008 10:48 PM  

I hope yall have a blast camping!!! I love to go camping!!!! Hot dogs for sure! Chips, dips, sandwich stuff!!! My favorite is cooking a camp for breakfast!!! YUM-ERS!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP