5.21.2008

Questions Answered!

It feels so good to finally have some questions answered and feel like someone actually listened to me. My fertility doctor now has a partner who is an endocrinologist. She is fabulously nice and is so full of knowledge. My little brain was about to explode with all the information but I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We now have a plan to combat my PCOS and that is AWESOME!! I will try to explain the plan with out confusing you:) Feel free to email me or comment if you have any questions.

My blood work came out great. My glucose levels were a little high but not for someone who isn't trying to get pregnant. Therefore I am not going on the metformin. Instead I am being put back on birth control. This will help me to regulate my menstrual cycle which will in turn balance out my hormone levels. Right now I am over producing estrogen and under producing progesterone. For the next three months I am to go the diet and exercise route to lose weight. This should be easier once all my hormone levels even out.

At the end of August I will go back to be re-evaluated. She will order more blood work and give me an ultrasound to make sure that my uteran lining has thinned. If so, GREAT! If not then I will have to get a biopsy done. If the weight is not coming off and the symptoms are not improving then we will try the metformin and adjust the pill.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on how my body reacts to YAZ. It's been 11 years since I have been on birth control so I am curious about what's going to happen. Let's pray for GOOD THINGS:)

3 people showing me love:

Anonymous May 21, 2008 2:53 PM  

oh that is great... I hope you don't have to go on Met... I hate that drug with a passion... bleck lol... but I hope the pill works for ya!!!

Anonymous May 21, 2008 6:35 PM  

I knew you had PCOS, but I don't think I knew it was still a struggle for you now. That is wonderful that you finally got some answers!

I took YAZ at the beginning of this past IVF cycle b/c they have to take control of your ovulation. It made me bleed constantly, but I'm sure it isn't like that for everyone or no one would take it.

Good luck!!!

Anonymous July 04, 2008 8:27 AM  




PCOS, the Hidden Epidemic

The fundamental problem with PCOS is anovulation and not making progesterone for two weeks every cycle.

This lack of progesterone leads to hormonal imbalance in the ovary, causes the ovary to produce testosterone and leads to the irregular menstrual cycles and infertility. This is aggravated by obesity and insulin resistance.

Progesterone is missing, therefore replacing it makes sense.

To read more, click here:

Understanding PCOS, the Hidden Epidemic by Jeffrey Dach MD

Jeffrey Dach MD
4700 Sheridan Suite T
Hollywood Fl 33021
954-983-1443
my web site

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP