5.22.2008

My race

Last night I walked in the 5k road race that I told you all about last week. It was so much fun!! I walked with one of my best friends, her hubby, daughter, and her friend. The walk went by super fast and it twisted right through some of my favorite neighborhoods in the town I grew up in.

There were bands playing along the way and some companies even passed out treats like chocolate covered strawberries and nachos. I didn't partake in the nachos as the thought made me want to vomit:) LOL!! Too bad because they were from Margaritas. We finished the race in a little over 57 minutes and then ate some yummy food from Outback and 99 restaurants. YUMMERS!!

It did start to rain as we were waiting for all the runners to go but it only lasted about 5 minutes. The rest of the walk was sunny with blue skies:) There were over 600 participants in the race and it was awesome to stand on top of a hill and look down at everyone in such a large group! Sometimes I had to fight back the tears when I saw little kids wearing buttons with their Mom or grandmothers photos on it. GAH!! Now that I know what to expect I have asked Michael and the kids to join me next year. Wesley would be totally fine on this walk and Lani would be cruising in the stroller. If anyone else wants to join let me know and we could start our own team.

I am sure that you all are expecting pictures! Well, it was supposed to be storming so I didn't dare bring my camera with me:( WAH!! Oh well! I have been checking out the web to see if anyone else has posted photos.

14 people showing me love:

Donna May 22, 2008 1:45 PM  

Glad the rain didn't last long. What a thing to do, I want to do something like this with my family.

Mrs. Stam May 22, 2008 3:19 PM  

Wow good job on the race!!!!

Jessica May 22, 2008 4:10 PM  

I'm glad it went well, great job! The food sounds yummy, too. :)

Chastity May 22, 2008 5:58 PM  

Congrats on finishing your race!

Happy May 22, 2008 6:52 PM  

Great job!

Melissa May 22, 2008 6:54 PM  

So happy it didnt rain the whole time! Great job on the race.

Andrea May 22, 2008 9:35 PM  

I'm glad it went so well!!

SJINCO May 22, 2008 10:10 PM  

Glad you didn't get rained out! Sounds like you had a great time.

"J" May 22, 2008 11:15 PM  

I just want to say thank you! I think that is amazing what you and everyone else did!

Girl...
I would have cried like a baby if I seen those kids with their moms pics and grandmothers pics!!!! =(

You did a GREAT job!
If I lived near you I would soooooooooooooooooo go walk with you!!!!!!!! =)

I really hope you find pics to post!!!!!

Shannon May 23, 2008 12:04 AM  

I am sooo proud of you... congrats on your time and finishing the race!

Jesser May 23, 2008 12:06 AM  

Congrats!!! :) I am so glad you enjoyed your race. Is it your first? Mine was and I'm crazy to do another. What a fun time!! Job well done.

Wendy May 23, 2008 7:19 AM  

Congrats on the walk! Nachos while walking like that does sound terrible.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ May 23, 2008 12:33 PM  

Yea! Clap Clap Clap! did Lani go? did you push her along in the stroller. Sounds like it was a good time!

Sorry I have been a bad blog friend lately...I have not been good about checking in with you and so many others. I need a Just Blog Day so I can catch up on everyone!

Laura May 23, 2008 1:02 PM  

I did the CF walk for life a few years ago with a friend and her brother--same reaction to all the people who knew someone who had died.

Glad the rain didn't last long and that you had fun. :)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP