5.28.2008

Memorial Day

Since 2006 we have been going to Odiorne Point State Park on Memorial Day. The first year I was 8 months pregnant with Lani and basically sat on my fat pregnant butt:) Last year we were able to bring Lani with us. I certainly was not able to sit on my butt this time with an 11 month old who wanted to MOVE constantly! I almost dressed Lani in that same outfit since it still fits her. Too funny!!

This year my Aunt Carol came with us along with Melissa, Joel and Sarah. It was an absolutely beautiful day! We lathered ourselves up with sun block then headed down to the tide pools. The boys found a tiny baby lobster and made sure to put it deeper in the ocean so it didn't end up dying if the pool dried up. Lani loved walking around in the tide pool since the water was pretty warm. I am glad that I packed her crocs. Now that I know she will go in the water I will invest in some water shoes.

looking for creatures

baby lobster

After a quick lunch we headed to the beach. The beach is pretty private because you can only get there by foot or boat. We normally ride bikes but since not everybody had one we decided to walk. Just when I was getting tired I could smell the salty air and the woods opened up to the beautiful beach:) The kiddos had a lot of fun in the water and up on the beach. The kiddos included Joel and Michael of course. Both ended up in the water with Wesley....BRRR!!!

destroying sand castles


Oh Daddy!!

one out of 2 isn't bad:)

The walk back was rough since Wesley had some sand where it doesn't belong. Michael ended up carrying him for most of it:( When we were all cleaned up we took the kiddos over to the museum. We have been there 2 times already so Wesley walked Aunt Carol around while Michael and I played with Lani n the toddler section.

hands on tide pool

finished

7 people showing me love:

"J" May 28, 2008 10:49 PM  

Looks like yall had a really good time!

Drea May 29, 2008 9:47 AM  

awe love all the pics. looks like a lot of fun. lani is just 2 cute

Mama Skates May 29, 2008 10:24 AM  

precious pics - i'm yearning for the beach...23 days and counting! ;0)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ May 29, 2008 12:38 PM  

Boy Lani really loves them sunglasses of hers... Mine would never keep'em on! Looks like a great getaway....I will have to keep that area in mind now that we are not traveling far for our vacations....

Anonymous May 29, 2008 3:13 PM  

That sounds like the perfect day~glad you all had such a good time! That pic of Wesley smiling is too cute & that last one of Lani is adorable! Such cute kiddies :)

Deb May 29, 2008 3:33 PM  

I love the beach photos! It looks like everyone had a blast. :)

SJINCO May 29, 2008 10:40 PM  

That beach looks like a really cool place to visit and hang out.

Glad you all had a great time!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP