5.29.2007

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

We had a great holiday weekend. It was full of celebrations, friends, and family gatherings! We couldn’t have asked for more perfect weather! Each day was beautiful and we were sure to enjoy every minute of it.


Our first outing was taking part in our association’s annual yard sale. We have lived here for over 5 years and this was our first time participating. We sold about $40 dollars worth of our stuff. It was mostly baby stuff and the crowd was a little on the old side. We gave Wesley all the money that his toys, books, etc made. He bought a new dinosaur toy with it. Later that say we took Wesley swimming at the lake near our house. The water was freezing, but he didn’t care. He loved it:)


On Sunday we had Jackson’s christening. It was a nice ceremony and Jackson did so great despite being passed around all day. Michelle and Dan had everyone over for a little get together after the Christening. Lani and Wesley loved Victoria’s new swing set. Lani hung out up in the tower where it was nice and shady. (no, Wesley did not wear that outfit to church! He changed into his play clothes at Michelle’s! ha!) Later that afternoon we headed over to Michael’s parents for a little cookout with the family! We had your ususal BBQ fare. It was all very yummy! The kids played soft ball with Grampy, Michael, and Aunty Lisa. Wesley took one to the head, but is fine. Not even a bump. He was a little hesitant to get back out there, but soon his cousins had him convinced that he was going to be fine:)
We spent Memorial Day at Odiorne State Park in Rye, NH! This has become an annual tradition for us. Last year I was hugely pregnant with Lani. I sat in in the shade, read a book, and ate the whole time:) This year I was able to bring Lani back with us. It almost brought me to tears a few times because it is just another reminder that Lani is getting so big. *sigh*
We love it becuase there is so much to do for everyone. Our first stop was exploring the tide pools. Lani loved touching all the seaweed, crabs, shells, and rocks that Michael found for her. She would throw them in the water and proceed to suck the salty goodness from her fingers! YUCK!




In the park is The Seacoast Science Center. One of Wesley’s favorite exhibits is the “tide pool” with starfish, and sea urchins for the kids to hold. This is the first time that Wesley would hold one of the starfish!! He loved it!! After the Science Center we hopped on the bikes and rode to a beach nearby! My butt is K.I.L.L.I.N.G me! I need to get one of those gel seats:) It is an easy ride, and Lani did great in the trailer! We weren’t sure how she would do. Wesley decided that maybe he is getting to big now. Time to learn how to ride his own bike now!!
I put my feet in the freezing cold ocean just long enough to snap this photo! Wesley on the other hand was splashing all around! I am definitely going back this Summer when the water is warmer! It is a beautiful cove in the ocean with boats, and pretty beach houses in the back ground. I doubt that it gets too busy since you can’t get there by car.
Be sure to head over to my Flickr account on the sidebar ====> to see some more pictures of our weekend! If you are interested anyway:)



0 people showing me love:

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP