3.03.2008

Mind your business

There are not too many things that get me going, but a nosy old hag at Burger King made me soooo angry yesterday! We all were stir crazy so Wesley suggested the play place and lunch. Sure, why not? We ate our lunch and an older lady and her even older Mother sat behind us with their young grandchild. All I heard was...

" I can't believe they are going to let that little girl go in there"
"Did you hear her just cough"
"Oh my she is crying already"
"She is much too tiny to be in there"

There were many more comments, but these were the worst. I just kept glaring at her, but I kept my cool because there were so many other families around. Although the steam coming out of my ears may have been a hint that I was irritated!!Michael and I took turns going into the play place with Lani and there is a BIG open area for her to run around in that the big kids stay out of. It's too short for them:) We are her parents and perfectly capable of making decisions for our own daughter. Some people really need to just keep their traps shut!!

In the end what she said didn't matter because Lani had a blast, but it was still annoying to listen to that while we were trying to just have a nice afternoon out. If she wanted to talk about us at least wait until you are in the car like we did for her:) GEESH!!

11 people showing me love:

SJINCO March 03, 2008 9:34 PM  

Oh you know, I hate it when people who have NO IDEA try to pass judgement on others. It's just rude and well, RUDE.

You have way more patience than me, I would have lost my cool.

Andrea March 03, 2008 11:57 PM  

I agree...you know some people have TOO much time to think when all they can do is make comments like this about others - plus she OBVIOUSLY hasen't been around young kids recently or she might actually have understood!! We get comments like this from older people often...it can get quite annoying!

Laura March 04, 2008 7:59 AM  

haha! poor Wendy! I'm trying to think of a time that has happened to me...hmmm...
we were over at some peoples house and the elderly mother was visiting. Deeder was pretty little. I had just nursed him and set him down so that I could eat. While I was in the kitchen wolfing down my meal the old lady came in and said, "you know, all mothers hold their children when they eat."
I think I blogged about it. :P

AM March 04, 2008 9:23 AM  

I think I might have (or at least daydreamed of) gone up to her and very politely said, "I cant BELIEVE you are teaching your kids to gossip!"

Chastity March 04, 2008 9:31 AM  

I probably wouldn't have been quite as quiet about it. That would have really made me angry.

jenny March 04, 2008 12:39 PM  

i hear ya! it is rude and i don't have time for idiot's like that!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ March 04, 2008 9:07 PM  

R U Freaking KIDDING ME! I so would of not kept my cool...I would of had to say something. Not loud enough for other family members to hear me but loud enough to out them in their place. Like they never let their kid in the play area with a runny nose or cough..Give me a break. I wish I was there...well maybe not. LOL

Jessica March 04, 2008 10:14 PM  

That is just so frustrating! I can't believe how rude some people can be!

Deb March 04, 2008 11:27 PM  

People should definitely learn to mind their own business. We've had odd looks when we've let Becca play in those play structures too - but hey, try to stop her, ok!

I'm glad that Lani had a good time! :)

Tam March 05, 2008 3:37 AM  

How I hate that! Hi I came across your blog from another blog. It was 3am and finally my kids were sleeping..they have been sick. So I was lurking on line until one wakes up again. Anyway I live in the South and here it is so horrible when you are out. This is not a family friendly town! lol Have a great week

Kim March 05, 2008 3:32 PM  

People are so freakin crazy! How do you find all the contests to enter?

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP