2.21.2008

Lining Up

Lani is very particular with her toys. There is a certian way to use them and when you don't use it correctly Lani will scream at you. Usually with a loud "NO MOMMMAAA"!!
I remember Wesley being the same way though. He had a lot of Little People sets and the pieces could NEVER be mixed up. It was okay until he had a friend over and they would make a mess of his toys. I spent a lot of the time drying Wesley's tears and teaching him that we can fix it. Even now he hides his Star Wars ships when one of his friends come over. This friend plays too rough for Wesley's taste and breaks a piece off every time. I respect his need to keep his toys nice as long as he can be kind about it. It is a good lesson on dealing with other people and we have a lot of conversations about how different we all are.Lani is still young, but I have a feeling that she is going to be worse. We are home all day with HER toys. She doesn't want the other kids touching ANYTHING; especially Alex. We work A LOT on sharing, using nice words, and gentle hands. It can be exhausting, but well worth it.

15 people showing me love:

Anonymous February 21, 2008 5:23 PM  

She's going to be an accountant...guaranteed! ;o)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ February 21, 2008 6:40 PM  

Oh My Gosh....Whitney was the same what with her Little People collection.... Whitney had the whole village of Little People... does she watch the Little People DVDs? I would always have that song stuck in my head after whit-bit watching it....

Chastity February 21, 2008 8:00 PM  

Lila is the same way...kind of. She doesn't have to have everything line up,but she does like everything in exactly a certain spot. The problem is that I don't know her reasoning and she gets frustrated with me sometimes.

Andrea February 21, 2008 8:34 PM  

Wow...she is detailed with her toys, huh? It's cute! But at the same time...I'm sure it must be exhausting teaching her to share, etc. Tate is just the opposite. He shares like a pro, and it's very nice - hopefully he'll keep sharing once his little sibling comes along!

Kim February 21, 2008 9:02 PM  

I love the third picture! Good job. :)

Jesser February 21, 2008 9:38 PM  

My sister was like this ... hehe. Lord help you if you stepped out of HER RULES. And she was so festidious with EVERYTHING ... hehe. She's graduating from Law School in the spring. Her boss says she has a genius for tax law. ;)

Magnolia Sun February 21, 2008 9:45 PM  

At least they take care of their toys, I don't think any kid likes to share their toys, I know mine didn't.

"J" February 21, 2008 11:10 PM  

Those are some really good pics of her toys alllllllllllll lined up!!! =)

Lil Miss "H" likes to line up things too!!! Funny now that you bring it up!!! When we were in Ohio with her back in Jan...she was taking little Brody's cars she lined them up all over the room!! I should of got a pic of that!

Emma in Canada February 22, 2008 3:04 AM  

I would never think of taking pictures of their toys...great photos!

Erin February 22, 2008 9:06 AM  

Love the pictures!! I'm jealous about your new camera!!

Donna February 22, 2008 4:07 PM  

My kids never had much little people stuff.

When E saw this post he was so jealous of Lani's barn. "I don't have that, we go tot the store and buy one for my party (his birthday), kay!"

josh built him a wood one, but I think we would have been better off with the Little People one.

Candi February 22, 2008 9:52 PM  

I believe you are raising some smart kiddos there. My oldest son always lined up his toys and he is Mr. Smartypants now (6th grade).

Melissa February 22, 2008 10:56 PM  

That is too funny. Great pics too!

Shannon February 24, 2008 6:42 PM  

lol Lore is so different with her toys... she has LP stuff every where... and I mean EVERY WHERE lol... but she is very Monk-like when it comes to stuff on her hands lol...

Laura February 24, 2008 7:35 PM  

These pictures are *beautiful*

The color is amazing!! Feeling the difference with your new camera?

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP