2.20.2008

A Scrapbooking Update

I posted some more scrapbook pages onto my Flickr account. They are from Wesley's baby scrapbook, our trip to Disney, and an anniversary scrapbook I made for Michael's parents.

I also wanted to recant a statement that I made earlier in this blog. Purex is not a good laundry detergent! I have been using it for the past several months instead of Tide. I was just trying to save some money, but it just doesn't clean as well over time. The first bottle was fine. I am finishing up the second bottle and I am noticing that stains are not coming out, clothes are pilling, there are weird brown marks on all my clothes and they are just looking more worn!! So, I am using Tide again and I hope that I can save some of the clothes that Purex ruined!!

8 people showing me love:

AM February 20, 2008 7:41 PM  

I hope the wierd brown marks arent from your dryer. We've had that happen where the dryer kind of pinches the clothing, thus scorching it and leaving a small brown streak. Very sad. And scary.

kristie February 21, 2008 8:46 AM  

the one time i tried to save money and use purex the husband developed a severe body rash (it looked akin to leprosy) and had to go to the dermatoligist! purex = evil.

Erin February 21, 2008 11:07 AM  

I agree, Purex sucks. It just doesn't get the clothes very clean! We use All and I love it. It's cheaper and it gets the clothes clean even when I cram the washer too full! :) I use the free and clear kind because of Hailey's sensitive skin but the regular kind in the blue bottle works great too.

Nevis February 21, 2008 11:07 AM  

Wow, well, I'll be sure never to pick up Purex in order to save money. I've been using "GAIN" and I like the way it smells and it cleans great. And, if I remember correctly, it's ~slightly~ less expensive than Tide.

Anonymous February 21, 2008 5:25 PM  

Not sure if you guys have this where you are but...I changed over to this stuff called "Persil". It's a granular detergent from Germany....a little more costly initially...but then you only use a tablespoon and the box lasts me 3 - 4 months (that's 7 loads a week). It cleans really well but the best thing....Aleks' exczema has improved while using it. Definitely recommend it.

Emma in Canada February 22, 2008 3:07 AM  

Watch out for those brown stains...like your am says they may be from your dryer. I was told it was rust, but the scorching sounds more reasonable.

Am going to take a peek at your photos.

Jessica February 22, 2008 8:52 AM  

I'm so sorry! I've noticed the dryer putting brown marks on my clothes before (I think it was when we still had our old dryer & it was going bad)

I'm one of the few that really likes Purex. I've never had any trouble with it. One reason I love it though is because it's fragrance & dye free. Because of my severe allergies I can't be around scented laundry detergents & fabric softeners are truly awful for my sensitivities.

Anonymous February 24, 2008 8:38 PM  

I can not believe you have been able to get so many pages done!! And they all look so different from each other and come out great!!! I am jealous:)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP