1.11.2008

My lil' Picasso

Now that Lani is interested in doing little activities I started a calendar. Each week is a different theme and is full of things to do. This week we have been dressing up and pretending to be some of my favorite "Fairy Tale" characters. One day we read "Little Re.d Riding Ho.od" and the kids painted with red paint. Lani loved the idea and even let herself get "diwty". See her painting herself! I totally allowed it:) Of course I had emergency wipies close by in case of mental breakdown.

Alex on the other hand is not enjoying these little activities. I showed him how to use the brush and set it on the paper for him to pick up. He just stared at it, so I put the brush in his hand and showed him what to do. Um, he just stared for like 2 minutes, started to pout and began screaming. He did the same with some glitter and glue we used today. I have never had a child act like this before so I am not sure if it's normal.

18 people showing me love:

"J" January 11, 2008 2:23 PM  

That is so sweet and sounds like such a FUN idea to do with the kid-o's!

Shannon January 11, 2008 3:02 PM  

lol... Lore and Lani would totally love playing together lol... and I have no idea if that is normal with the other one lol...

AM January 11, 2008 3:16 PM  

I have attempted art with emma maybe twice. But I know they do something at daycare sometimes. Emma's still in the "shove it in your mouth" phase, so Im not too sure about paints.

Donna January 11, 2008 4:43 PM  

Merci used to be afraid of paint and icky stuff too, now she isn't.

Looks like fun, I really need to do more with E!

So where is the pic of your fridge??

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ January 11, 2008 5:58 PM  

I did this but I put them in the bath tub with out the water...washed off the tub better than the floor. and if they got all paint I just added the water and washed then down! sometimes I just let them paint the inside of the shower...lol

Anonymous January 11, 2008 7:46 PM  

hehe too cute!!! i think i am more afraid of diego using paint than he is himself... he wasnt a fan of getting his hands dirty [thanks to my obsession]... but he does love to draw now! it takes patience to do art with little kids- i am not good in allowing the kids to be messy :(

Chastity January 11, 2008 9:41 PM  

Maybe Alex just isn't the creative type :).

Andrea January 11, 2008 11:29 PM  

Awww! What a fun idea - I should start a little calander like that for Tate! He'd probably love it!

Anonymous January 12, 2008 1:07 AM  

lol...It's a girl thing!

Becca January 12, 2008 9:02 PM  

Looks like so much fun! I think I'd probably have a coronary because I'm a freak about messes. I guess I need to get over that though because Ava is just now getting into that kind of stuff too. However today she was at her table coloring (or so I thought) and I turned around and she had colored all over one of her canvas toy containers. I guess that's better than her coloring all over the walls though!

Magnolia Sun January 12, 2008 9:24 PM  

Looks like she's enjoying the other one not so much.

FlipFlop Mom January 13, 2008 12:46 PM  

Oh this sounds like super fun... ahum... I did notice that those two little beauties were using their left hands... woo hoo... tee hee!! tee hee..!!

Anonymous January 13, 2008 4:41 PM  

Wow, you are very brave. I am impressed with the way Lani keeps the paint on the paper!! I'm sure you had a little something to do with that, but Jenna doesn't particularly enjoy those things either. We haven't tried paint, but she's not into coloring. She would rather eat the crayons than color with them...

Kim January 13, 2008 7:40 PM  

Ohhh see Noah and Josh would have that paint all over the floor! Girls are so neat! :-)

Wendy January 14, 2008 5:19 AM  

We did this at a Mom's Club outing and the kids loved it. Had paper rolls taped all over the driveway, dumped homemade fingerpaint on it and let them go at it. We just turned the sprinkler on when they were done for some more fun. Very cute!

Erin January 14, 2008 9:45 AM  

So cute. Hailey and Lani would get along great :)

Mason and Terri's Mom January 14, 2008 9:59 PM  

lol...poor kid! lol Whats on his forehead?

SJINCO January 15, 2008 5:55 PM  

SO, so cute!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP