1.18.2008

A conversation

Me: Hi J, this is Wendy. I am calling because H just threw up 5 times.

J: Okay

Me: Yeah! She projectile vomited a few minutes after you left and about 4 times since.

J: Um, okay! Should I come get her because I am eating a sandwich.

Me: No, just let your poor little sick baby stay here puking all day while you sit at home and stuff your freakin' face!!!!

Okay....so I didn't really say that last part, but I was thinking it!! Are you kidding me? They live 10 minutes away. If you are that hungry eat the sandwich on the way and get your flu infested child out of here. PRETTY PLEASE!!! I must mention that this is the little sister of the girl who gave me the flu last weekend. GAH!

12 people showing me love:

Trace January 18, 2008 5:15 PM  

Oh..that's so not good!! I can't believe the response about eating a sandwich!

Trace

Devoted Mama January 18, 2008 5:32 PM  

OH.MY.GOSH!!!!! Some parents are clueless~makes you wonder how they function!!!! If that were me, I would've hung up after being told my child was vomiting & heading out hte door! Again, some are SO clueless!!!! Hope the child wasn't there long enough to pass along her germs to you guys~again! Keeping my fingers & toes & eyes crossed ;)

Donna January 18, 2008 5:39 PM  

Are you serious? Ridiculous.

Andrea January 18, 2008 8:32 PM  

Okay...umm...that is the LAMEST excuse I've ever heard in my life! Seriously....a sandwich? I'd be out the door in a second if someone told my my boy had the flu and I should probably come pick him up...not only because I don't want him passing it on to other kids...but because I am his MOMMY and kids need their mommies when they are sick!!

Laura January 18, 2008 11:24 PM  

She was probably thinking you should keep the kid so that she can keep her sandwich down :)

Yeah I'd pay you to watch my sick kid!

"J" January 18, 2008 11:33 PM  

HOLY CRAP....for real...someone would really say that??? That is their sick child....you think they would have freaked...I know I would...I would feel soooooooooooo bad if that is my child =( POOR KID!!!!!!!!!

SJINCO January 19, 2008 12:54 AM  

Oh no! Disinfect! Red alert! Red alert! DISINFECT!

And really, they said that?

FlipFlop Mom January 19, 2008 10:44 AM  

OHHHHHHHHH I never understand people.. never ever.. I babysat a boy once who had a sinus infection so bad it was coming out of his eyes!!!!! The mom was a real trip!!!

Jill January 19, 2008 10:52 PM  

ick.. leave your sandwich at home, or take it with you but why mention it.. ack!

Mason and Terri's Mom January 20, 2008 2:26 AM  

you are a trip! lol

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ January 22, 2008 1:52 PM  

R U KIDDING ME! I wudda been there in a flash picking up my sick daughter....I wounder if she knew she was sick and just brought her anyway...some parents I really question!

Erin January 25, 2008 12:14 PM  

Because she's eating a sandwich? Are you kidding me? Wow.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP