1.31.2008

About this adventure

I joined Weight Watchers online on January 22, 2008. I want to journal this journey so when I feel bad about myself, or when I just want to give up, I can come back and read this. Although this is mostly for me, I hope that other people are helped or encouraged by this in some way.

The first week was not too hard until the weekend, but I made sure to save my 35 "cheat points" for a birthday party we had to attend. I only used a few of them, so I felt pretty good about that. Michael is very supportive and doesn't mind eating at Subway instead of McDonald's. Even Wesley is happy that we can eat at the "diet restaurant" as he calls it:) I am learning more about portion sizes which was a huge problem for me. A cup of whole wheat pasta is way more than people think and only 3 points!! I didn't lose any weight this week, but I also didn't gain, so I am pleased. I didn't exercise at all which is part of it. That is going to be my biggest challenge because I live in a small town with no gym, I live on icy dirt roads, and it's freakin' cold outside! Last night, Michael created a strength work out that I can do inside while the kids our napping. I will try to fit the cardio aspect in when I can. I found a Curves in the next town over that I will call. Michael works late, so hopefully they have at least a few night where they are open late. Starting next Tuesday I am going to have Michael take a picture of me with my "muffin top" so that you can all watch it dwindle away:) Or I may not! Depends on my mood for that day!!I went back into my archives to find a "muffin top" photo, but then I remembered that I always delete all those right away if I can' photo shop it out:) LOL!! But, here is one that is not too bad because of the jacket that I had on. Close as I could get, but this was taken on my one week anniversary of Weight Watchers.

My next weigh in day is on Tuesdays, so I will be sure to update at least once a week.

If you have a weight loss blog or are on your own weight loss journey be sure to let me know and I will add you to my blogroll!! Also if you would like to be a writer on this blog let me know and we can turn it into a community of "anti muffin top" ladies (or gentlemen)! WOOT!!!

7 people showing me love:

Anonymous January 31, 2008 2:53 PM  

I love it! I need to loose 10 pounds!

My tummy and my thighs.
That picture isn't bad, it actually looks about like me. I have bought a few 100 calorie pack things to help with my portion control. We also have an Ab lounge we got and we use a few nights a week. I also have been thinking about doing DDR they have a workout mode. I am with ya.

I would be willing to post a pic to help encourage myself. I will work on getting a decent muffin top pic!

Anonymous January 31, 2008 3:20 PM  

Wow. You look pretty good in that photo to me! But of course it's how you feel that's important.

I'm still quite a ways from my goal ... I was too heavy before I was pregnant and then I gained quite a bit with my pregnancy, so there you have it. But I'm at least 5 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant and I'm pretty jazzed about that. I've been really dedicated for the four months I've been doing it. We have a gym about a block from our house (HOA gym) and I go there almost every morning (I take Sundays off from that). I can now run 3 miles without any problem when I doubt I could have run half a mile before.

Well anyway, good luck to you. I'll definitely add this to my list. PS. I'd never heard of a Muffin Top before!! LOL

Anonymous January 31, 2008 3:45 PM  

What a great idea to share your journey. It's always easier to stick with something when you know there are people 'watching'!

Anonymous January 31, 2008 4:04 PM  

Go Wendy!! :) I have a weight loss blog too - http://abigbehind.blogspot.com. It's funny, I didn't think at the time the kind of google searches that title would bring. Haha! :)

Well done on your first week though!! :)

Anonymous January 31, 2008 8:41 PM  

awe! Awesome blog!! I look forward to reading along w/ it. I think you look beautiful tho. You arent big by any means.
We all have a muffin top after kids. Im very thin yet still see muffin top in some clothing. I just have to make sure my pants arent to snug :-)

My mom goes to a gym 3 days a week (shes 52) and really enjoys Zoomba! So maybe check into that. I hear belly dancings fun 2. I am trying to do SHIMMY that comes on fit TV when i can. its pretty hard! :-)

Anonymous January 31, 2008 9:07 PM  

Oh My Gosh...you are too much! LOL It is funny..I have never heard of "Muffin Top" until my daughter was talking about what it meant..You crack me up... Although I think you look good...even in person. I will stand by you all the way!.....

Anonymous January 31, 2008 9:24 PM  

awww I'm proud of you... I might be starting a seperate blog about something like this... I want to make my son healthy... and the only way to accomplish this is if I do the journey with him!!! WW is awesome!!! I've done it before.. but we're going to a nurtriconist (sp?) with Austyn!!!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP