1.31.2008

Rant

Michael works for a propane company where he delivers the expensive gas to people around New Hampshire. In the winter he works 60+ hours, pulling a heavy hose, trudging through the snow, falling on the ice, driving in the middle of Nor'easters just to keep us all warm and provide for his family. He is young, fit, and loves that he is able to get a little exercise while on the job. Each day Michael is given a certain amount of deliveries to make in the form of tickets. Usually around 40 on a busy day and as long as he is not called off route he gets them all done. He just does his job without complaining like all the other lazy asses who work there.

Now, onto those lazy asses!! His company has hired men from a temp agency to be the "hose pullers" while the drivers sit in the truck and do the computer stuff. GAH!! I know it's supposed to increase productivity, but they are paying these men for WHAT? Michael recently was told that his hours were being cut from 5-12 hour days to 4-12 hour days. We knew this would come eventually because they now have hired all the seasonal drivers and they don't want to pay out so much over time. I can see the business end of that, but WHY IN THE HELL ARE THEY PAYING PEOPLE TO PULL THE HOSE!!! Michael flat out refused to have help. He does more tickets by himself then the other drivers do with "help"!!

Okay, I feel better now! Sorry if this was confusing, but I needed to rant:)

7 people showing me love:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ January 31, 2008 1:05 PM  

for real? Maybe they should have buddied up the drivers who are lazy a**es to have a Hose dragger and let the ones like Michael continue to do their jobs the way they have been with out having a babysitter ride along with them...Besides this is not fair cutting his pay/hours just to pay these temps. Really think about it...they will be paying more in the long run this way....sometimes I wonder about these big companies.

Chastity January 31, 2008 2:20 PM  

I'm so sorry he's having to deal with that! It sucks to be the only competent person amongst so many lazy people!

Mason and Terri's Mom January 31, 2008 8:12 PM  

that is insane! Poor Micheal!! I don't blame him for being pissed...that is cutting back on exercise that I'm sure he is very accustomed too!!

FlipFlop Mom January 31, 2008 9:19 PM  

ummm.. I just had oil delivered here on Sunday by them.. and I didn't see no hose dragger... That's just plain BS of them!!! I'm sorry his hours are being cut back.... that really stinks... any chance he could become and oil burner tech???? I'm so sorry.. :(

Magnolia Sun January 31, 2008 9:34 PM  

that's what we're here for - rant away.

Laura February 01, 2008 4:00 PM  

That's what they do in WA. Really the system doesn't make sense. Poor Michael. Maybe they'll change back?

Things just are weird sometimes...
Darren got a 20cent raise and his insurance premium went up $100. Somehow that doesn't come out quite even!

SJINCO February 05, 2008 12:51 PM  

Wow, that's nuts. Good for Micheal in sticking to his guns and refusing the help! He really is a hard worker.

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP