12.28.2007

A Year in Review: 2007 Edition

January: This was not a very exciting month. Lani popped her first tooth and we spent a day at the park in 70 degree weather. Very unusual in New Hampshire.

February: The month of living at the repair shop. Our car lived there for most of February and was a major pain in the a**!! Wesley earned his orange belt and earned third place in his first spelling bee.

March: I joined Weig.ht Wat.chers this month and as is my pattern I lost a lot of weight and gained it right back. Maybe this year will be different? I doubt it!! The weather started to warm up so we began to venture outside again. We also celebrated Grampy's birthday at the end of the month.

April: Wesley turned "7" and we celebrated at the local bowling alley with family and friends. As is typical in New England we spent many days at the park in sweatshirts while a few days later we were snowed and iced in with floods and power loss. But, it was so nice to be back outside in the warm sunshine once everything dried up.

May: Wesley and Michael took part in their first karate tournament together. We took our annual trip to Odio.rne State Park on Memorial Day

June: I celebrated many things this month. The first anniversary of this blog, my baby Lani's FIRST birthday and my 8th wedding anniversary. Lani also started walking this month.

July: We took a vacation to Burlington, Vt and I met my sister Ashleigh for the first time in 15 years. We spent over a week together and ended our time by getting a daisy tattoo. Wesley took part in swim lessons and became my little fish.

August: I met Lisa, my very good blogger friend. Although I don't like to call her that anymore:) I also went to my SIL's wedding shower and saw my mom for the first time in 6 years. We found out that Lani has severe allergies to beef, dairy, and eggs. Wesley started 2nd grade and my summer vacation ended. Oh, and Michael had the big "V" operation.

September: My little brother Jon married Jillian and Ashleigh flew in from Kansas for the big occasion. Michael and my niece Leah celebrated their birthdays.

October: Michael went to his first Pat.riots game. Lani is no longer nursing. She weaned herself one random night and never came back:( We ventured in to the mountains to enjoy the beautiful, yet unpredictable New Hampshire weather. Wesley earned his blue belt in karate. This was also a sad month when we got the news that Michael's grandmother had passed away.

November: I turned the big 3-0 and we celebrated quietly as a family. I did a lot of scrapbooking and didn't even make a dent in the pile of photos that I have:) Michael's band played their first live show.

December: We got a lot of snow this month and spent a lot of time reconnecting with some old friends. Our Christmas was fabulous and I loved including Lani in all of our traditions. She turned 18 months on Christmas Eve and seems like such a "big girl" to me. Wesley had a solo in his "winter concert" and was awesome:P

So many wonderful things happened to our family this year. Being able to have my sister back in my life was certainly a highlight. We celebrated many new lives, birthday's and anniversaries. We also said some sad goodbyes to our loved ones.

15 people showing me love:

Candi December 28, 2007 4:04 PM  

That was fun!! I like the way you did it, too!

Trace December 28, 2007 4:58 PM  

Isn't it amazing when you look back just how much you did in the year even though it feels like it's flown by??

Trace

Magnolia Sun December 28, 2007 7:03 PM  

What a great recap.

Jessica December 28, 2007 9:37 PM  

Wow, reading some of that stuff from back in the summer I was thinking "has it really been that long?" What a neat idea! :)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ December 28, 2007 11:11 PM  

Oh I ♥ this post! I may have to copy this idea... I am so happy to see I am in the Month of August! I too don't like calling you a Blog friend I concider you a good friend...when people ask how we met I just say we met randomly...too bad we didn;t live a little closer..we would have so much fun together....( happy sigh)

Lisa December 29, 2007 12:06 AM  

Sounds like a happy year!

SJINCO December 29, 2007 10:54 AM  

What a nice way to review the year of 2007. I hope that 2008 is prosperous and happy!

Laura December 29, 2007 11:37 AM  

Goodness! I think I'd have a hard time doing a years review! Good job :P
-Laura
PS: sorry I haven't been commenting--as soon as I'm done reading a post Deeder comes calling!

Anonymous December 29, 2007 11:54 AM  

That reads like one accomplished year! You all hit quite a few milestones and it looks like you had a great time.

It is always wonderful to reconnect with people and to make new friends. You are blessed to have done both.

Thanks so much for participating in our Flaunt It Fridays Challenge

mandaroo63 December 29, 2007 6:53 PM  

You had a busy year! It was fun reading your FIF. Lots of great milestones and celebrations. Sorry for your family loss.

Chastity December 29, 2007 10:04 PM  

That's neat! I don't know if I could do that on my blog...so many private things happened this year, but I'd like to..very good idea.

I must admit something...sometimes I scan when I read blogs...I guess it's a habit. So, when I was reading this and I read "I met Lisa, my very good blogger friend. Although I don't like to call her that anymore:)"....at first glance I thought it said "I met Lisa, my very good blogger friend. Although I don't like her anymore" LOL!

jenny December 30, 2007 2:48 PM  

great post! neat idea.

FlipFlop Mom December 30, 2007 7:36 PM  

I LOL at some of those things... GREAT IDEA!!! and how did you remember it all.. LOL LOL...

How's Lani feeling??????

Sandy January 01, 2008 3:29 PM  

Happy New Year! It was fun reading how your past year went. Being in your 30s is a great time.

Mason and Terri's Mom January 01, 2008 3:31 PM  

Thanks for the re-cap mamma! Happy New Year! (I'm back from my vacation TOMORROW!!!)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP