12.20.2007

Our tree, a new book, and some snow day fun!

Here is a nice long picture post to make up for all the paid posts that are below! Wesley is home today because it's SNOWING again. At this rate the kids will be in school until July. GEESH! Maybe that will be a good thing though?!? Hmmm.....

Anyway! Here are some photos of our crazy morning! Also a few snow photos from my front door.
My maple tree that is right out front. I love this tree because it lets all the warm sun into the the living room all winter and then it shades us in the Summer.
My tiny silver maple that is buried. You can see the Summer version here.

My neighbors house! The one that I mentioned here! (He just got back from work and is doing it again! Man oh man!!)

Lani used Michael's Christmas gift from his work as a stroller for her baby. Michael is irritated with this gift because he is a TRUCK DRIVER! What is he going to do with a lap top bag?!? A nice fat bonus would have been nice. Especially since he works for a HUGE company that makes a lot of money! I know...stop complaining. We should be happy with what we have!

Lani "witing" on Wesley

Wesley's tattoo
Watching the snow (notice the tattoo that she gave herself on her hand)

Now Lani is tattooing my foot

*****************************************************************

Look what I got in the mail last night!!!

I finally had my 2006 blog made into a book!! I used a company called Blurb and the whole process was pretty easy. You just download your blog, edit it, and then order it. I only paid $25.oo for mine. I got the soft cover because it's way cheaper, but I am sooooo happy with it. The book is put together nicely, with glossy pages. The photos are bright and clear. What an awesome keepsake for our family. I may order another one so that both Lani and Wesley will have one. I can't wait until December 31st so that I can begin to edit my 2007 blog. It's going to take longer since it's 12 months and in 2006 I only started blogging in June. I also edited out some meme's and other pages that were not worth remembering.

You can choose any color that you want for the cover. They have 100's of fonts to choose from and many layouts for each page. You can choose what works best for you.

This photo looks blurry, but that's only because of my camera not the quality of the book. Let me know if you want any more photos or have any more questions about the process.


************************************************************

And now for Lisa, who helped us to pick out this tree. Here it is! Not a great photo, but it will do. Anyone know how to make your flash not be so dang bright?

12 people showing me love:

AM December 20, 2007 2:01 PM  

What a neat blog book! I'll have to go check out that website. Perfect for me who is too lazy to make a scrapbook of Emma's first year. lol. Nice tree! I love fraiser firs, but they dont grow down here and we really like going and cutting a tree down, so it has to be some other kind.

Donna December 20, 2007 3:13 PM  

I am totally getting one of those blog books=) How fun. I have a lot of editing to do, but I think it will be worth it! Thanks for letting us know.

LOTS OF SNOW!!! Ours in slowly melting from last weekend, bu we are supposed to get hit again this weekend...which is fine because I LOVE to have a white Christmas!

Anonymous December 20, 2007 7:16 PM  

What a cool idea!!!...to put your blog in book form.

As always....love seeing the photos of your little ones.

Andrea December 20, 2007 9:08 PM  

I LOVE that idea of making your blog into a book! I never even knew there was such a thing! I'll have to look into it once we have a little extra cash - for some reason we are in the HOLE this month - too many Christmas presents? haha...actually no, it's because we had to pay over $1000 for a course Jonathan had to take...oh well. :)

FlipFlop Mom December 20, 2007 10:40 PM  

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that books is soooooooo cool!!! what a groovy idea!!!!!!!!!!
We had school today... at first I was bummed.. but it cleared up.. and I was like.. PHEW!!!!

You're KIDDING ME????? A LAPTOP BAG........... from the COMPANY THAT TAKES MOST OF MY MONEY!!!! That poor guy!!!!!!

Ok... does your camera have a "night" setting or "firework" setting...?? set it on that.. and make sure ALL your lights are off in your house.. make sure your flash is OFF.. and shoot away... here's the kicker.. you need to take the picture with the camera STABLE.. so on a coffee table or something.. otherwise your lights will "bounce" and "blur"... now go try!!! and report back!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ December 20, 2007 11:24 PM  

Hey...What do we live in a Damn SNOWGLOBE! sheesh! Can you even BELIEVE this weather? I don't think we had this much snow all last winter!
OMG you are Kidding me? a Laptop bag? What? I remember when we were talking about his last years gift...Oh man. you know I can see maybe installing a BOSE radio in his truck for Christmas but a LAPTOP BAG? C'mon!
Oh your tree looks so nice! Does yours smell still? mine seemed to have lost it scent... The good thing it is not shedding..I thought for sure it would of started to shed by now seeing how we cut it down the day after Thanksgiving.
Thanks for sharing that sight for the Books. I was just talking to Brad about Printing my 3 year Blog out...Crazy thought I know...I like yours so much better...after the holidays I will order one..or 3 one for each year I have been Blogging...!

Drea December 21, 2007 9:05 AM  

I love the blog book, how fun!! and im so jealous of the snow you have :-) we have some cooler weather but no chance of snow thats for sure.

Erin December 21, 2007 10:13 AM  

Beautiful tree! And that is AWESOME about the blog book! I'm so doing that with the other blog once I've had it up a year!!

Sandy December 21, 2007 12:00 PM  

Your tree is so pretty! That blog book is a neat idea. Whose idea was it to give a laptop bag? Honestly... if not money, a gift card would be better. I see the resemblance of your place and Lisa's....so much snow!

Maremone December 21, 2007 3:55 PM  

That is such a cool blog book! I've wanted to print out my blog so many times but thought it would look dumb when I was done, not to mention all the work that it would take. That company seems great! hooray! Good find!

SJINCO December 21, 2007 11:21 PM  

Okay, you must dish about making your blog into a book, I'd like to know more please! Fantastic idea by the way...

Your tree is so cute, and holy snowflakes! That is a lot of snow!

Oh, and I love the tattoo's! I buy my boys temporary ones from time to time, they think it's cool to be like Mom!

Laura December 23, 2007 12:04 AM  

arg!looks like I can't do it..my blog is by dreamhost, oraeley.com
Why couldn't it just have me enter my rss feed? WAH :(

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP