11.24.2007

Lani is 17 months!

It seems so crazy to me that Lani is getting so big! She is sooo much fun to be around with all her silliness and fun games that she likes to play. We are always playing "happy/sad" where we make happy and sad faces. She cracks up at the sad face especially! We also play peek a boo and she hides on us, jumps out and says "BOO". We also sing A LOT around here. She knows the first line to many songs and will prompt us to finish:) This keeps her happy in the car since she is still hating that. Lani colors pictures and we have to hide any writing utensil because she will decorate the whole house if we are not careful! Thank goodness for Mag*ic Eraser.

Lani is talking up a storm and just recently began talking in short sentences. My favorite so far has been "Mama, Dada, boon (moon) in sky". Isn't that adorable? She loves the "boon" and will watch it out our front window forever. She also has been saying "bye bye" to everything that she sees. We went by a huge lit up tree and we were calling it pretty. As we drove away she said "bye bye pwetty" and as we walk out of a store she says "bye bye store"! It cracks us right up:) Another favorite saying is "ta da". Lani says this when she opens a book, her hands come out of her sleeve, etc! We love it.

She is eating better, but only the things that she likes. She is not to find of trying out new things. We are always working on it though. Her allergies are undercontrol, but I now think that she is allergic to citrus. She was eating some mandarin oranges and broke out in some serious hives!! GAH! Just another thing to add to the list. It was not tested, so the allergist just said to avoid it until next year when we retest.

Some of Lani's loves right now are singing songs, "emmo", Dora, Barney, dressing up, wearing hats, babies, annoying Wesley, being outside, tubbies and her "ellas" (this is what she calls her cousins) house.

Some of her dislikes right now are car rides, diaper changes, strange men, and Alex touching her toys. Glad that this list is shorter.

Tonight she is having her first half sleep over at her Grammies house. Tonight is Michael's show (holy freakin' crap the day has finally come! Expect a lot of videos tomorrow!) and we will be staying at his parents after. This way we don't have to take the kiddos out of bed at 1am. Should be interesting?!? Lani is feeling 100 % better since starting her antibiotic and only woke up once last night. We also gave her the cod.eine so I am sure that helped. Please pray that she sleeps for my MIL!! Otherwise it may be the last sleepover for another 5 years, LOL!!

5 people showing me love:

Donna November 24, 2007 2:22 PM  

I hope Michale's show goes great!!!

Lani is so cute, I really miss the younger years=) 3 sucks and 7 isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Patriot November 24, 2007 2:41 PM  

Hi! Just came across your blog today, and I wanted to let you know about a new giveaway I'm hosting this week! Come check it out! Thanks! Have a good weekend!

SJINCO November 24, 2007 5:55 PM  

Wishing Michael the best of luck tonight! Can't wait to hear all about it!

And Lani sounds so precious. They grow up way to fast.

Anonymous November 25, 2007 2:54 PM  

Happy 17 months Lani (sorry, I'm a little late :( )! She's adorable & is growing TOO fast!!!!

Mason and Terri's Mom November 28, 2007 3:50 PM  

HAPPY 17 mo Lani po!! Its crazy how similar our girl really are! Terri loves the happy/sad game and her favorite words are BYE BYE and peetty!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP