10.16.2007

Our weekend!

We kept pretty busy this weekend! On Saturday, Wesley had bowling and a birthday party to attend! Later that afternoon we headed out to our favorite walking trail in Manchester. Livingston Park is beautiful this time of year and we had a blast walking on the trail.
We forgot the stroller, which turned out to be okay. Lani loved walking with us and because there is so much to explore, you don't realize how slow you are actually going. Daddy did carry her down some hills that were covered with slippery pine needles.


Not the best photo color wise, but how could I say no to the sweet little old lady who offered to take our photo. I lightened it up a little, so not too bad after all:)
Michael and Wesley being silly! Just a pretty picture of the pond.
posing...

Lani touching a little "buddy" (buggy). It was actually a salamander that the boys found under a log.

********************************************

On Sunday we headed up North to the mountains hoping to do some leaf peeping. It was bright and sunny here, but as we went farther up north the clouds became thicker:( We still managed to have fun though!

Wesley posing in front of a waterfall in Crawford Notch
The view from atop a popular climbing spot in North Conway. Michael thinks one of the mountains is "Kearsarge North", but he is not positive.
A beautiful rainbow that we saw on our way up north! Unfortunately my camera doesn't do it justice. Not to mention that we were going about 65mph:) It was the best rainbow I have ever seen and I swear we actually drove right under it!!

Wesley being silly at "the basin" a popular stop in Franconia Notch. It even started to sleet as we were walking out!! BRRR!!!

A lot of the higher mountains have snow and ice already! It was beautiful when the sun would poke through and shine on the ice.

This was the view as you drove into Crawford Notch! Pretend that someone with a GOOD camera took this picture and imagine bright beautiful leaves:) LOL!! As you can see I was not the only one who was thrilled with the view!! Lot's of leaf peepers were pulling over!

11 people showing me love:

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ October 16, 2007 12:31 PM  

Those my friend are Fabo pictures! Can you even believe how bold the colors are this fall? What a great way to spend a fall afternoon!
we have not done anything like that in a long time...Now seeing your post I want to.

Deb October 16, 2007 4:04 PM  

Those colors are beautiful! :)

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm October 16, 2007 4:53 PM  

what pretty pictures! Daddy looks so strong! grrrr!

I can't wait till it cools off more and the colors start POPing around here!

a widdle buddy! AWE

There is a video up on my blog or Terri JUST for Lani!

Anonymous October 16, 2007 5:07 PM  

What beautiful pics~such a lovely view! Great fall colors :)

Carmen d'Orey October 16, 2007 5:39 PM  

beautiful picture!!!

Donna October 16, 2007 6:23 PM  

How beautiful. Must be nice to live somewhere that is so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Anonymous October 16, 2007 9:53 PM  

These pictures are great! Looks like you had a fun family adventure. :)

SJINCO October 17, 2007 12:57 AM  

Love the photos, the fall colors are just beautiful. And that rainbow! Is it me or was it not very 'arch-y'?

Wind Blossom October 17, 2007 1:03 AM  

They're all such beautiful photos Wendy!...Thanks for the commentary with it!

Joanna October 17, 2007 8:06 PM  

Oh yes the colors are fabulous in these photos and in NH right now! Can you believe I haven't been to any of the places in your pics? We've only been here a year though, so that's my excuse lol Which part of NH are you in?

Anonymous October 18, 2007 10:04 PM  

I hate to be technical, sweetie pie, but The Basin is actually in Franconia Notch, not Dixville Notch! I love you!

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP