4.18.2008

Outdooor Time

Today was the BEST day that I have had in a LONG time! All Winter I contemplate going back to work because it's so hard being stuck at home with all these kids, blah, blah, blah. I just wanted to be a "real" stay at home Mom. Well, today I was reminded why I suffer through the winters. I spent from 12:30 to 2:30 outside by myself while the kids napped. I read my book while baking in the sun and when that became too much I sat in the shade and read blogs on my laptop. It was heaven!! Of course there was dishes, laundry, etc that needed to be done inside, but that can all wait until November;)

::

Here are some photos of my day with the kiddos. Lani, Alex, and I went out this morning while Oliver was napping. Much to my surprise Lani and Alex played so well with each other that I was able to get our new picnic table put together. Normally I have to entertain Lani the whole time we are outside, but she loves playing in the sand table that we took back out.



Lani loved the new table! I do wish that the umbrella tilted so we could
shade the sun better, but other wise it's perfect for us.
Once the tree has leaves we will have plenty of shade anyway.

loving her new table

Chloe decided that the box made a perfect napping spot.

Finding some shade

We have been learning about birds this week so today we made our very own bird feeders.

Making her bird feeder

Lani's finished product! Isn't it adorable? I was going to string it up,
but I like how it looks just placed on the Magnolia branch.

Lani's birdfeeder

14 people showing me love:

Anonymous April 18, 2008 11:43 PM  

Hey we just made bird feeders like those the other day in Sparks (Girl Guides)!!!

Gina April 19, 2008 1:51 AM  

I LOVE the bird feeder. What a great idea. And I am so jealous of your backyard!

Trace April 19, 2008 2:05 AM  

What a great idea the bird feeders are!! It looks as though you are really enjoying your warmer weather! :)

Trace

Donna April 19, 2008 8:39 AM  

What a good bird feeder idea!!! We are so going to do that this week!

I am excited about being able to go outside too. I had a 3 weeks babysitting job and we went out and did bubble, sidewalk chalk, and paint yesterday, it was so fun!

Chastity April 19, 2008 10:33 AM  

Ah yes, the warm weather is heavenly. If only my allergies weren't killing me so I can actually get out an enjoy it!

Melissa April 19, 2008 11:12 AM  

Ah, so lucky all the kids went down at the same time! I babysit too and no one EVER naps at the same time. Looked like a great day!

evan April 19, 2008 9:28 PM  

great pics.

Andrea April 19, 2008 9:54 PM  

What a cute bird feeder!! :) And I know exactly what you mean about being able to be outside with your kids...I LOVE IT!

FlipFlop Mom April 20, 2008 10:16 AM  

ahhhhhhhhhhhh... do I know what you're saying.. I've been craving a full-time job.. and then just yesterday I said "How can I give this up.. full-time".. LOL LOL...

The picnic table is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I wish they had those cute things when my kids were little!!!

I love the BIRD feeder.. GREAT IDEA!!!

Anonymous April 20, 2008 10:45 AM  

Glad you were able to enjoy some time to yourself in some nice weather :) LOVE that picnic table! And what a neat project to do w/the kiddies~I'll have to try that w/Kendall :)

That Chick Over There April 20, 2008 6:05 PM  

Precious!

Jesser April 20, 2008 10:55 PM  

Looove that picnic table. It is such a great color ... and the umbrella that goes with it. Glad it was such a nice day. Ahhh... I know by fall I will want some cooler weather, it's just hard to believe now.

Sara April 21, 2008 4:11 PM  

i love that table and what a great bird feeder idea. i need to get on the kid craft bandwagon before my kid is declared deprived!

SJINCO April 21, 2008 8:29 PM  

Oh my, I love the birdfeeder! Such a cute, easy little project to do on a nice Spring day!

Her smile is to die for :)

Who am I?

My photo
I live in New Hampshire with my husband Michael and my two kiddos, Wesley(11) and Lani(5)! I own a home child care so I can be home with my children.I have a passion for creating scrapbooks and taking photos. I'm in the process of starting my very own photography business:} I love to spend time with my family, going on day trips and other adventures! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Photo Contests

Followers

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from WeSnLaNi. Make your own badge here.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP